Manjaro Linux Image - Mainline Uboot & Kernel - SDCard

@BPI_Justin Hi. It would be helpful if you can help me with this. As I am not able to do any development.

The modules on the v1.1 are as follows:

• SOC : Allwinner A64
  • Wifi/BT : AP6212
  • eMMC : Samsung KLM8G1WEPD-B031 (8Gb NAND)
  • RAM : 4 x SK Hynix H5TQ4G83CFR (4Gb DDR3 SDRAM)
  • Ethernet : Realtek RTL8211E-VB (RTL8211E G122B) 10/100/1000Base-T
  • USB : Terminus FE1.1s USB 2.0 4-port hub
  • PMU : X-Powers AXP803 Power Management IC
1 Like

Currently downloading the LXQT version. While I probably will use it without screen it is often nice to have some lightwight GUI for maintenance usage.

PS: The file ending ā€œ.xzā€ is a bit unknown to me, which kind of compression is this, or is this only to let Yandex not confuse it with an image?

This is our standard compression at Manjaro. And I think arch uses the same. It is highly compresses. Just put it in etcher and it will decompress and flash it to the sd card. Thanks for giving it a try.

Hi @avaf I tested my dead m64 after Sinovoip asked me to use 12v but that didnā€™t help so i tried 5v again and it worked.

As I have the device working. I will start porting the uboot to manjaro package and maybe use right kernel for it.

Can you advice if m64 have good mainline uboot support? If so then I can build one without any patch.

Thanks.

I think u-boot-2020.04 works without any patch, at least for v1.1.

1 Like

Build it tonight :smiley:

Will reuse our pine64 uboot pkg for m64

Thanks for the quick reply. :wink: I am just going through your m64-kodi git repo and I see that you used mali blobā€™s instead of lima :frowning:

I will and see if I can make use of lima with waylan on kde, if that works then it will have a smooth UI and then we can get kodi to work with gles :smiley:

Thanks.

Build a latest image for M64 with Kernel 5.6.0-1 with lima and it boots to the OEM Setup but I cannot test it as my usb ports stopped working :frowning:

Also My board still stucks down when powered with 5V2A DC Barrel jack. while it works fine with Micro-USB 5V2A connector. I tried all my old images and it works without USB connection :frowning: I donā€™t think I can make use of GPIO connection of USB. I can only try to give power to the keyboard from gpio and see if it works.

@sinovoip I think the device have power ic issue since the beginning. Is there a possibility to replace it ?

Let me know thanks.

Finally got Lima to work on M64 so full HW acc for the UI.

If anyone is interested in use Manjaro ARM on M64 then do let me know I will prepare a latest image only on request and share it here as I cannot test the UI cause of my USB chip not working on the board. So without keyboard mouse I cannot test ui I can only test from UART login.

inxi -Fxzi
System:
  Host: Manjaro-M64 Kernel: 5.6.0-1-MANJARO-ARM aarch64 bits: 64 
  compiler: gcc v: 9.1.0 Console: tty 0 Distro: Manjaro ARM 
Machine:
  Type: ARM Device System: BananaPi-M64 details: N/A serial: <filter> 
Battery:
  ID-1: axp20x-battery charge: 100% condition: N/A model: N/A 
CPU:
  Topology: Quad Core model: N/A variant: cortex-a53 bits: 64 type: MCP 
  arch: ARMv8 rev: 4 
  features: Use -f option to see features bogomips: 0 
  Speed: 648 MHz min/max: 648/1152 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 648 2: 648 
  3: 648 4: 648 
Graphics:
  Device-1: sun50i-a64-mali driver: N/A bus ID: N/A 
  Device-2: sun50i-a64-dw-hdmi driver: sun8i_dw_hdmi v: N/A bus ID: N/A 
  Device-3: sun50i-a64-display-engine driver: sun4i_drm v: N/A bus ID: N/A 
  Display: server: X.org 1.20.5 driver: modesetting tty: 80x24 
  Message: Advanced graphics data unavailable in console. Try -G --display 
Audio:
  Device-1: sun50i-a64-dw-hdmi driver: sun8i_dw_hdmi bus ID: N/A 
  Device-2: simple-audio-card driver: N/A bus ID: N/A 
  Device-3: simple-audio-card driver: N/A bus ID: N/A 
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.6.0-1-MANJARO-ARM 
Network:
  Device-1: sun50i-a64-emac driver: dwmac_sun8i v: N/A port: N/A bus ID: N/A 
  IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter> 
  IP v4: <filter> type: dynamic noprefixroute scope: global 
  IP v6: <filter> type: noprefixroute scope: link 
  Device-2: mmc-pwrseq-simple driver: pwrseq_simple v: N/A port: N/A 
  bus ID: N/A 
  WAN IP: <filter> 
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 22.12 GiB used: 3.98 GiB (18.0%) 
  ID-1: /dev/mmcblk0 model: SS16G size: 14.84 GiB 
  ID-2: /dev/mmcblk2 model: 8GTF4R size: 7.28 GiB 
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 14.40 GiB used: 3.98 GiB (27.6%) fs: ext4 
  dev: /dev/mmcblk0p2 
Sensors:
Info:
  Processes: 121 Uptime: 4m Memory: 1.89 GiB used: 180.2 MiB (9.3%) 
  Init: systemd Compilers: gcc: N/A Shell: bash v: 5.0.11 inxi: 3.0.36 

Also I have build a package on chromium to make Netflix, Amazon to work smoothly on Manjaro Arm. Users can install that package themselve.

Cheers

FYI. Lima drivers came to Armbian about 16 months ago. The other day I was running Gnome3 on top of Orangepi Prime, which is similar to this. On the acceptable level. You donā€™t need to do anything ā€¦ it just works.

Can you explain what you did?

Yes I am aware of this dear. I respect Armbian and their team alot cause thatā€™s the source of linux kernel for most of the sbc. I tested this now as this board was dead since long time but now its working without a functional usb chip. I tried the lima config in xorg and it worked and as you know manjaro is rolling release we always have latest mesa package from git for testing. The docker image was worked by someone else for pinebookpro and manjaro and we optimized it with updated widevine, and chromium to use gpu hw acc. So its not just my achievements its team work :wink:

I had vim1 aml s905x mali-450 which gives me glmark2 1920x1080 score of 58 which is quite ok for mali-450. Assuming a64 have better support in display controller i expect it to give better gpu performance

Alot of workarounds. As you know we only maintain aarch64 and there is no widevine for it we had to use chromium armv7 with chromeos widevine as everyone else does like kodi, le and ce. This can be done in docker or nspawn, I have used docker for now but plan to use nspawn in future to reduce overhead of dockers libs.

Does armbian use armv7 or both depending on the board arch? Afaik armbian image maintained by oleg is aarch64 so you will need chromium armv7 with gpu hw acc. Here is a screenshot of Netflix on vim1 with lima. efc7d01ffb02cbed2d99aa16b9493c841111bb7b_2_1380x776

Quite watchable.

@igorpec Thanks for all your work with armbian and always replying in the forums.

Highly appreciated.

Cheers.

It is still unclear what you did if anything? What you are showing me is no video hw acceleration involved ā€¦ Lima only drives things like this https://webglsamples.org/ If you have a strong machine like VIM, video is watchable ā€¦

I donā€™t know what extra is needed for Netflix. If you were doing workaround - can we see what? Perhaps community can improve it?

Mesa drivers are good enough also on Ubuntu since 19.10. They are too old on Bionic, but works on Focal user land OOB ā€¦ or on Debian unstable / sid

ā€¦ where packages are build from the trunk.

IDK if youā€™re aware of Widevine on a Browser is always Software accelerated. So the video playback will always be using CPU. This is what I have understood by watching Netflix on my X64 laptop and also on aarch64 boards.

DM

Got it write.

What do you mean ? You mean built from git repo ? Then yes