[BPI-R3] Debian Bullseye Image

uploaded bookworm image for r3 here created by repo above:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fxDR-uL3DIO-8ebgqOJd5MoWORQTTm7Z?usp=drive_link

edit: found an issue in second hostapd service file which prevents hostapd to be started…passed pidfile is wrong…just add the “2” like in PID-variable above

edit: uploaded new version with fixed uboot (missing emmc-partconf, sata-config) and fixed service file and prepared pppoe/ipv6tunnel

i try to extract some parts of my very complicated firewall file as basic config for r3…

Hi,

First thank you for your work.

Anyone eho can tell me how to get a USB wifi module to work?

I did like this: https://wiki.debian.org/ath9k_htc#supported apt-get update && apt-get install firmware-atheros

But it seems like there is missing something to load the driver…

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0cf3:7015 Qualcomm Atheros Communications TP-Link TL-WN821N v3 / TL-WN822N v2 802.11n [Atheros AR7010+AR9287] Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

[ 145.751888] usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 3 [ 149.112288] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using xhci-mtk [ 525.118105] usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 4 [ 530.412270] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 5 using xhci-mtk [ 1071.635854] usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 5 [ 1074.902278] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 6 using xhci-mtk

I am using the Bookworm image - but could not find better place to put the question??

Thank you

hi

@frank-w what is the latest 6.1 kernel for the bpir3 in your repository ? i try 6.1-main and 6.1-r3 because both missing the VRF option.

is the git checkout -r origin/6.1-main , for example , the right path to checkout the 6.1 kernel branch ?

how can i modify this remote checkout that is my main branch , to do an simple git pull for 6.1

sorry for this questions but i’m not an regular git user.

Holger

• 6.1-main is the latest…just “git checkout 6.1-main” after clone
  • Just stay local on this branch…git itself has no “default” branch it is only for remote checkout…if you stay here you can update using git pull…
  • Change build.conf to bpi-r3 make ./build.sh importconfig and then ./build.sh config for menuconfig to add your own options

hi

thank you , for answer

Holger

hi

@frank-w if i use your bullseye image , why can´t use your kernel deb package , he will not boot the new installed kernel by dpkg -i . the bullyseys dist boot allways the default kernel.

with your debain image for the r2 and your kernel build deb package work this well , i upgrade the kernel with dpkg and the r2 boot the new version.

how can do this behavior with the r3 bullseye dist with your kernel build repository and the generated deb package.

Holger

The default kernel deb only unpacks the kernel,but not tell uboot to use the new file.

So you just need to add the new filename to the uEnv.txt

fit=bpi-r3-6.6.x.itb

I want to avoid overwriting the old kernel so added version to the file,but have not tried to modify uEnv.txt in deb script of kernel as this needs to add a script in the deb.

the modification , and copy , of the uEnv.txt did not work .

per default in your bullseys dist , there is no uEnv.txt in /boot i try to copy and modify out of the deb file , this file but the bpir3 will allways boot the default kernel.

Holger

There is no uEnv.txt in the deb file…there is an itb which should be in /boot now…this file is the one fit var in uEnv.txt has to point to. /boot needs to be mountpoint of mmcblkXp5 (default in my image)

Just create the file there and add the fit line with correct filename

hi

i recreate the kernel again , backup the boot dir and overwrite the old files with the new kernel , now he boot again and i have my mpls and vrf lite

holger

Ok,but still wonder why uenv.txt setting is not recognized…

Do you have

• /dev/mmcblk0p5 mounted to /boot
  • A itb file from deb-package with kernel version number in /boot
  • An uEnv.txt in /boot with line fit=<filename of itb>

?

root@bpir3:/home/glaess# mount | grep blk
/dev/mmcblk0p6 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime)
/dev/mmcblk0p5 on /boot type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

root@bpir3:/home/glaess# ls -l /boot
insgesamt 31478
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root     2048  2. Mai 12:42 6_1_50
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    21335  2. Mai 12:38 bpi-r3.dtb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  8671816  2. Mai 12:38 bpi-r3.itb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 23534144  2. Mai 12:38 uImage_nodt

i hope that helps as answer. all file from my own build kernel package

You do not need uImage_nodt and dtb…only the itb. The other 2 files are for making tests with overlays or using separate dtb. And i see no uEnv.txt there…default value for fit var is bpi-r3.itb,so this is why it works