[BPI-R3] Debian Bullseye Image

Hi,

i’ve created a basic debian-image with kernel 6.1.0 (from my main-branch) for sdcard-usage (uboot contains write-functions to flash nand and emmc from usb, files in bpi-r3_uboot.tar.gz), but have not tested again (will do when i get my new board).

login: root pw: bananapi

wan: dhcp-client

lanports: bridged 192.168.1.1/24 + dhcp-server

Network config is done using systemd-networkd (+resolved for dns)…see files in /etc/systemd/network/

wifi: via wifi.sh script in /root (5g needs to set reg-domain first e.g. “iw reg set DE”)

there is still a bug with gpt which is not readable via parted (reports gpt broken) and may cause errors in uboot on reboot (power-cycle works for me).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fxDR-uL3DIO-8ebgqOJd5MoWORQTTm7Z?usp=sharing

bpi-r3_sdmmc_bullseye.img.gz (+ bpi-r3_sdmmc_bullseye.img.gz.md5)

2 Likes

i could fix the gpt-problem with sgdisk (exporting gpt and importing again).

sudo sgdisk --backup=bpi-r3_sgdisk.gpt /dev/sdb
sudo sgdisk --load-backup=bpi-r3_sgdisk.gpt /dev/sdb

after that i can use parted and board boots after reboot too :slight_smile:

edit: found a way to create the gpt via script, but not yet tested if it boots creategpt.sh (1,1 KB)

1 Like

Looks good and boots, however there are several kernel modules missing to allow for iptables/nft.

Your default network is using the wan interface, not sure if you want to set it up with a wan bridge to include sfp2 (not eth1) to allow usage of wan or sfp2 for the WAN.

Kernel has a reference link to /media/data_nvme/git/kernel/build for the source. Would rebuild the kernel for the modules, but not sure which repo it’s from.

Does your kernel include the latest MT patches for packet offloading?

Kernel-source:

The source link is automaticly created On the host system…so it is invalid on target-system…also i made a out-of-tree build,so there is no source too. I have recently fixed deb creation,but not yet tested the resulting debs. They are built via ci on my repo,but use same defconfig. But you can use ./build.sh build_debs to create debian packes for source too.

R3 is currently basic support, have not added nft yet.

Network-config is basic too…if someone will bridge anything it can be done like this

https://wiki.fw-web.de/doku.php?id=en:linux:systemd#bridge

But sfp2 is designed as lan-sfp so Sfp1 should be bridged to wan if Doing such thing. I know that there are still some problems reported for sfp1 (vlan not working and some sfps not recogized).

Wed is still in bugfixing, hwnat should work if you enable nft+flowtables

edit: have added networking and virtualization-options to r3 defconfig, ci pipeline currently running (takes around 1,5h to complete), then you could replace kernel with the one github-releases

edit: seems like fixing the gpt via sgdisk (or creating it with sgdisk instead of flashing the gpt-img from python-script) solves the reboot-issue (where uboot cannot read the gpt)

Edit2: seems my systemd config pevents adding vlans on wan-port. They are created,but do not work (tagged arp not received on other side). So i added an issue to systemd github