Bpi-m2 lvds screen not working plz help

you can ask Lemaker 7 LCD schematic diagram, so we can chek it what is different with SINOVOIP 7 LCD ,so can support you ,otherwise , we can not help you .

I posted the schematic diagram for the LCD on banana pi Facebook page since I cannot upload pictures to here

HEllo, i have the exact same issue : bpi m2 and 7`` touch screen from lemaker. the screen doaes not display anythingā€¦only black blank page with illuminated background. i hope sinovip develop their images to be compatible with this type of dusplay. i rrrreally hope so

Lemaker released the FEX file configuration screens in GitHub:

You couldnā€™t support this form?

Schematic diagram of the LCD would it be this? http://www.lemaker.org/data/attachment/forum/201508/07/030108n6amz7mkiw3p40zz.png

http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/1200000-1299999/001285655-da-01-en-BANANA_PI_LCD_7_ZOLL_DISPLAY.PDF

Specification and data input format to LeMaker LCD.

I also thought at another workaround, namely an adapter between ā€œHDMIā€ and ā€œLVDS (8-bits)ā€. Do you know anything like this available ?

PS.: I found something (http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1283#!/~/product/id=14647633) but it is for LVDS 18-bits or 24-bits.

dear all:

our RD have check it. for Lemaker use LVDS interface . BPI official TP use Parallel RGB interface . driver is not same . you need get the driver and install on BPI .

So to run the LCD LeMaker just find that driver and install the image BPi board?

yes, if you get the driver ,you can do it by youself , just install the driver on BPI-M2 image. hardware interface is same. just driver is not same.

Ok. Iā€™ll try to find the driver and install. Back to comment later. Thanks!

If you find the driver and make it work on the m2 PLZ share Iā€™d love the how to on this

I would also be very interested in how to make the lemaker touchscreen work with bpi m2. please post if you succeed

Iā€™m discouraged. I sent an email to support LeMaker only asking drivers to try to install in Bpi M2 and answered me that are third-party products.

Iā€™m sorry for both are part of the same project and not talk to each other. Iā€™ll keep trying. Help me please as well.

Iā€™ll have to burn an image of Raspbian of LeMaker and try to manually find the LCD driver. It will take a giant work.

banana pi guys, please make this happen for us. we bought a product that you developped. i am pretty sure that you have the necessary resources to make the lemaker display work on our bpi m2.

Iā€™ll need to buy other displays and will be the Sinovoip but I have a LeMaker to prototype my design and I cannot sit for 3 more months to get another.

Here in Brazil it is so. It takes 3 to 5 months to deliver a product of China. =(

we not any sample or document to do this work, the best way ,you can ask lemaker to do this work ,it is easy to do. but they now have give up banana pi project ,and do some other hardware with other name.

I know you have problems with each other but as a consumer canā€™t be affected by it. When I bought the display and the board didnā€™t see any incompatibility of reference. Thatā€™s not fair.

You say you have no documentation to support but says we should ask LeMaker to do.

Honestly, I opted for the Banana Pi to have greater openness than the Raspberry but I am deeply disappointed by this lack of dialogue between two entities that depend on the same hardware to survive.

If the position of Sinovoip is this then I close it and not come back to the topic. But also I will not give contribution to this forum.

It will be my form of protest against this attitude. The same goes for LeMaker.

1 Like

I am sorry about your difficulties with the M2 and the LVDS screen. Honestly it is quite unfortunate as the M2 is relatively new and does not support Lemaker accessories like the M1/M1+.

Just to explain the M1/M1+ uses the same SoC as the Lemaker boards but the M2 does not.

On the bright side this incompatibility will be noted for future buyers.

Though I canā€™t help you build an OS or anything, but http://www.element14.com/community/thread/32894/l/recompiling-android-for-use-with-parallel-rgb-tft-lcd-and-capacitive-touch-panel?displayFullThread=true may be helpful if you still want to explore this issue.