Wpa_supplicant.conf file doesn't seem to work

Can anyone please tell me how to simply get the Banana Pi M2 Zero connected to my network via wifi? It doesn’t have an ethernet port. Also, I don’t use any GUI. I just want headless access. I placed the blank ssh file on the image as well before putting it in the M2 zero and powering up. I was ready to go but already appear to have hit a road block.

I’m using Raspbian Stretch 4.4 from here https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-M2_ZERO#Raspbian

I placed the wpa_supplicant.conf file as I do on any raspberry pi device but on this device it doesn’t seem to work. Is there some other image I need to try?

This works fine. Using the exact image above, the wpa_supplicant.conf I placed in the base directory of my image worked fine. I’m surprised this isn’t in the wiki. It’s by far the easiest way to get into your Banana Pi M2 Zero. Also, I was able to ssh right into the device at [email protected] with the password “bananapi” as mentioned in the wiki.

My problem was simple as others have stated: I didn’t have an external antenna attached.