USE Banana Pi BPI-R1 with only interface and no VLAN

Hi everyone! I tried tu install debian distrib for R1 but it seems very complicated with VLAN tagginf etc… I just want to use it as a small comuter not a router so I don’t want to use VLAN, just one interface with untagged packet.

Could you help me to do this. What is the configuation?

Thanks

Please help me… I really need to use my board. I don’t want to put it to the trash…

Hi , you can use armbian ( https://www.armbian.com/lamobo-r1/ ) , make sure is the version 5.20. Then you can use the Broadcom Swicth just like a PHY to provide just a single interface eth0. To ensure of that, better chek that /etc/network/interfaces just contains:

`# Wired adapter #1 allow-hotplug eth0 no-auto-down eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp

Local loopback

auto lo iface lo inet loopback`

With these you can easily achieve quite good speeds ( 600Mbps TX/ 900Mbps RX . Also , if you want to upgrade the distribution and you are in the vanilla kernel ( the one I tested ), you have to make sure that the upgrade is not on the kerne/u-boot packages ans from 5.21 the new vanilla kernel. To avoid that , create the a file selections.txt with the following contents:

linux-dtb-next-sunxi hold linux-headers-next-sunxi hold linux-image-next-sunxi hold linux-u-boot-lamobo-r1-next hold linux-xenial-root-next-lamobo-r1 hold

and then execute:

sudo dpkg --set-selections < selection.txt.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for your help!

FInally a good distrib for this card! I was desperate. Do you know why other are bad one? why just a simple configuration like this one?