Tiny Image with no source no desktop BPI-M3 only

Here is another image. This one is the smallest so far it has enough on it to boot and assemble your own images.

user pi pass bananapi

2 Likes

thank you share this image .

I have installed this image and is now in the process of finetuning it via putty. It is on a 16GB SD card. AFAI can see the image takes about 6-7GB? How do I expand the filesystem up to the maximum available on the SD card?

When doing a lsblk I get this:

NAME         MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda                8:0    0 232.9G  0 disk
└─sda1             8:1    0 232.9G  0 part
mmcblk1boot0     179:32   0     4M  1 disk
mmcblk1boot1     179:48   0     4M  1 disk
mmcblk0          179:0    0  14.9G  0 disk
├─mmcblk0p1      179:1    0   256M  0 part /boot/firmware
└─mmcblk0p2      179:2    0   800M  0 part /
mmcblk1          179:16   0   7.3G  0 disk

How do I know which one to expand, can I do it via command line, and how?

edit: I found this http://www.armhf.com/expanding-linux-partitions-part-1-of-2

• looks like it worked. Only thing is I am not sure how to see if I actually have the whole SD card available.

I’ve managed to make everything work, so far. Still w/o GUI and doing everything via CLI, the last thing I need to do is mount the external SSD (via the SATA port). When doing a mount -a (as root) I get this:

# mount -a
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1,
   missing codepage or helper program, or other error

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
   dmesg | tail or so.

Any idea what to do about this?

edit: I have given up, for now, on the SATA port. I plugged the SSD into a USB port and now everything works.

I suspect there is something wrong with the board that mess up the SATA port? Unless someone can lead me in the right direction on how to make it work - in a not too cumbersome way?

Just too bad, as I’ve bought 4 M3s that I wanted to run with SSDs to SATA for good R/W speed, but now I’m only able to use the USB port.

Hi Henri to see How much space on a drive use “df”

Odd that the USB worked and not the Sata as the Sata port is just an USB to Sata chip not true processor Sata.

I have seen similar issues with fat32 and exFat formatted drives. The most often I see the issue with fat32 formatted on Apple Macintoshes. I assume from use of Putty you are using some color of Windows.

UDEV will mount post boot fat in FUSE so I would guess that is why you are able to use the USB.

To see if you have a bad port use lsusb while the drive is attached. Also absolutely imperative to provide enough power for these boards.

I am using a separate supply for a 2TB 3.5 drive with no issues.