- Download the v4.2 kernel from: https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-Mainline-kernel.git
- configure with: bpi_defconfig
- generate uImage: $ LOADADDR=0x40008000 make uImage
- generate dtbs: $make dtbs
- boot with following parameters:
- bootcmd: ‘tftpboot 0x43000000 sun7i-a20-bananapi.dtb; tftpboot 0x42000000 uImage; bootm 0x42000000 - 0x43000000;’
- bootargs: ‘console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait’
You should do this only if you’re either crazy or dumb.
You yourself posted a few hours ago that the M2 is supported by official u-boot and kernel in the meantime in another thread: Uboot have official support BPI-M2
Now you recommend to NOT use the corrected ‘official’ hardware descriptions in u-boot/kernel but the crappy ones SinoVoip ‘developers’ put together a while ago that are part of ‘your’ kernel sources. Hans de Goede wrote about the only changes SinoVoip ‘developers’ made to the kernel sources (they changed only 1 file of the 50.000: sun6i-a31s-sinovoip-bpi-m2.dts)
Seem to be copy paste from some other boards and then modified until things work somewhat […], e.g. the oob interrupt for the wifi is wrong so you get 1000-s of interrupts / second (it basically triggers as fast as it can).
This is the result of using SinoVoip’s “BPI-Mainline-kernel” instead of the real mainline kernel. Hardware malfunctions due to crappy software.
When do you SinoVoip people will realize how ‘open source’ development works? When will you delete all your crappy github ressources containing outdated kernel sources and the like? When will you join the linux-sunxi community? When will you stop tricking users into believing that you develop any useful software?
Hi tkaiser, I am sorry I can not understand what you mean here. Some information for your reference:
- u-boot: I just share the mainline status information for whom want to test the mainline kernel.
- kernel: As the subject mentioned, just for record and use by myself.
For your question:  This should be ask the SinoVoip  Which repository you mentioned need to be deleted?  I am not sure whether I need to join linux-sunxi community.  Why you say I do trick on users?
Btw, this is just my hobby, and only spend a little of time on it.