How to use BPI-M3 wifi extebd antenna slot

banana pi BPI-M3 have support ap6212 wifi&BT module onboard

BPI-M3 have wifi antenna on board

1: wifi onboard antenna. 2: when you want use extend antenna for BPI-M3, you need remove this Rs

if you want use a extend antenna for bpi-M3, you can add by youself.

wifi extend antenna slot:

note: please remove Rs for extend antenna.

wifi slot spec:

What is this joke ? There is no Rs components like yours on my board M3ā€¦ Did you invent someting new to explain the wifi is not working after 3 meters ?

Are you kidding me? You sold me a SBC with on board wi-fi that doesnā€™t work. And I have to desolder a component from it to make it work at least with antenna? :anguished:

I already have a hammer in my hand to remove this R! But I canā€™t find it!! Please help me find the bastard to get WiFi working!

In other words: They obviously produce different PCB versions and donā€™ give a shit as usual whether customers are able to use their products or not.

Maybe, judging by the track, this resistor? You need to check in practice, but for beginners I would not recommend.

1 Like

I will start to desolder all resistors if this fixes the WiFi issues! Keep you informed!

I just tried this one but nothing changed.

Really? You bought a product thatā€™s broken (non working WiFi), then instead of returning it and asking for a refund you start to desolder chips to void your warranty?

I donā€™t believe the would refund me. I tried this tip, it doesnā€™t work. I just wanted to let you know. :wink:

Why the heck not, SinoVoip always claims these are development-boards. This is not a Samsung Galaxy S7

it also would working fine with onboard antenna. if you can not make your wifi working ,just return to sellers

and ask to get a new board.

Interesting. SinoVoip also claims this would be Open Source Hardware. So youā€™re the kind of person believing in every fairy tale a vendor tells?

Anyway: Thx @bosyprinc for confirming that the fix in the 1st post does not help and WiFi is not working on this board.

this is BPI-M3 test wifi in Lab, we have test all wifi function. we just let some one know how to use a extend antenna, for some one want to use it do a product.

https://bananapi.gitbooks.io/bpi-m3/content/bpi-m3wifilabtest.html

He wrote ā€œThere is no Rs components like yours on my board M3ā€, I wrote the same. We both told you that our boards obviously differ. You ignore this. As usual.

You think itā€™s a great idea to sell a product with an antenna connector next to the WiFi chip, make this connector non-functional by default and hide the ā€˜installation procedureā€™ (that not even works ā€“ see above) somewhere in a forum post. Instead of writing this clearly in a quick start guide so users know what to expect.

And now you try to compensate from all of this by showing us funny pictures of frequency graphs? Refuting your customerā€™s reality with pictures? Really?

Donā€™t you think the situation would improve if you start to respect your customers, listen to them and try to understand the many problems they run into?

I had no luck to get the wifi working either. I also updated to a barrel plug with 4amp power supply

Why my board isnt same as yours and how to fix it ?

Sry but what is Rs ? Can anyone explain it to me pls ?

Only if I remove ā€œ2ā€ on the first picture the extend antenna works ? or what ?

Thx you

just remove as below

So funny i thought it was just about software but it seems all about bad board at all sides,anyway iā€™v fixed all problem bcz i used no software from here just give me a link to buy antenna

no, if you have wifi issue is hardware , you can return it to agent . this way just tell user how to use a extend antenna