How to build Android 4.4.2 Image for BPI-M2

BPI-M2 Android 4.4.2 Building

//Copyright 2014-2015 SINOVOIP,lnc Leo Xu ([email protected])

1. Install the Linux system for building,'Ubuntu 12.04.x LTS’is recommended.

2.Install the needed software packages.

01.sudo apt-get install python-software-properties

02.sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java

03.sudo apt-get update

04.sudo apt-get install oracle-java6-installer

05.sudo apt-get install libglapi-mesa:i386

06.sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

07.sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so

08.sudo apt-get install uboot-mkimage

09.sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg

Do NOT reboot system during the process! (IMPORTANT!)

3.Download the latest source code pack from our developer website http://dev.banana-pi.org.cn .And unpack.

4.Building. 4.1 Build for hdmi.

./build_hdmi.sh

4.2 Build for 7’ LCD.

./build_LCD.sh

4.3 If you have finished building one of versions(hdmi OR LCD).Please run following commmand before building another!(IMPORTANT!)

./make_clean.sh

4.4 For more information of buileding,pleace view ‘Build_Code_Command.txt’ in code package.

1 Like

Are you building directly on the banana pi or a Linux pc and transferring to sd card? Very interested in this since the newest version of android for bpi_m2 doesn’t have WiFi working

Hey Thanks for sharing this information.

I am developing a new android kernel image for specific Touchscreen which is of 17" and am trying to make it compatible with BPi M2 board. I have all the driver files and steps from Supplier of touchscreen .

I am wondering which source should I use from this website http://dev.banana-pi.org.cn as it has two option. And when I am trying to Open Github which one is appropriate as there is different categories and do not know what to download. So decided to download from other link of this website only but its 15Gb…(A very big file)…Tell me the steps if possible…

Also,I tried Lemaker steps to create new image, after many hurdles, I managed to build image but My screen did not work.(Got only black screen)

I really need your assistance to make my screen works.

Pls reply asap…

Thanks in advance…