Ethernet connection does not work stably

Hello, I configured the network on the Banana Pi - R1 using Ubuntu 18.04. Using isc-dhcp-server, I used LAN ports in bridge mode. You can see my configuration below. However, the windows devices that I connect to via LAN port get the IP address I gave from dhcp but do not have internet access. After entering the ipconfig / release ipconfig / renew commands through the Windows command prompt and making the network connections problem several times, internet access comes. The troubleshooting process I do here sometimes isn’t a solution, but after a few times the ethernet cable is plugged in and out, it can be solved. So it doesn’t make sense. What do you think is wrong? How can I solve this problem?

/etc/network/interfaces

interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)

auto = Start the interface(s) at boot.

iface = interface

auto lo iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug - Start the interface when a “hotplug” event is detected.

In real world, this is used on the same situations of auto but the difference is

that it will wait for an event like “plug the cable” on ethernet interfaces.

allow-hotplug eth0 allow-hotplug wlan0

** LAN config VLAN 1, WAN port **

receive IP-Address from your Router or Cable modem

auto eth0.101 iface eth0.101 inet dhcp

** LAN config VLAN 2, for the 4 ports **

generate IP-Address for connected devices

auto eth0.102 iface eth0.102 inet manual

** WLAN config **

generate IP-Address for connected devices

auto wlan0 iface wlan0 inet manual

** Bridge config **

auto br0 iface br0 inet static address 10.0.0.1

I have one more question. Can I use the device in AP mode with hostapd configuration? There are many sources on the subject but can you do? Because I couldn’t.

did you take the tutorial for DSA? Which Kernel do you use?

1 Like

Yes

uname -r 4.14.20-BPi-Kernel

What is the URL of the tutorial for DSA?

Regards Geert Stappers another owner of a BPI-R1

You are not using armbian?

Yes, I’m not using armbian

Well, my path was built on armbian. If you try it on another path you might fail or spend a lot of time trying. Apart from that, BPi SW is known for low quality.

Thank you, I’ll try it with armbian. So what about AccesPoint mode ? is it working ?

I guess you mean WiFi/WLAN. Well, this depends if the driver works with your kernel. I had WiFi running in the past. Some even say it works: BPI-R1 unstable? built-in WiFi

My ethernet connection often creates problems. So I decided to set up my Linksys router but I didn’t,t know the process. Can anyone tell me how to access Linksys router login page and set up the router?