Debian/Ubuntu image creation

Ok,them it is proved the image is not the problem. You can try up booting with the other card multiple times (warm start,cold start) if you have this error every time may it can be used for debugging the issue…so enabling debug in uboot flash to this card and send it as issue to mtk people

Do you have a linux-host or are you able to flash a binary at a specific position on card?

Hi,

It is most my lack of linux experience there will be an issue here :slight_smile: Believe when you say host, then yes i have an old laptob with linux on - ubunto… I think one of the failed SD card had issue with the quality on the card… but 2 different cards flashed with the image on the linux did not boot… 2 different cards did boot when written from windows (also the broken) but after a litle run time it came with errors on the card…

i dont’t know if windows have a application for checking sdcards independ of the filesystem…in linux there is badblocks which needs to be called in non-destructive mode for checking the sdcard has no bad sectors…

i only had problems in uboot reading the card, not after linux was booted…so this should be caused by card itself

Did you issue the command

sync

after writing the image?

Did you issue the command

sync

after writing the image?

→ No, that i did not… :frowning: The one time, i did wait quite a long time before unplug.

/Kasper

I have added the skipkerneldownload=true to the config file and changed the kernel file name in the same config file… Is that enough to build with custom compiled kernel?

Should work

It is used here:

Seems to work the image including the RTL driver… + HID i believe…

There was just 1 error with a file - see the picture and 1 or 2 questions about some versions i did not understand…

• 1st is wifi firmware you can install via apt (should be this)
  • 2nd is because i have modified this file to allow config for second hostapd service (5g).do not override (default N)
  • 3rd: please check permission of the target image file reported…i guess it is not writable by your user.

Got it :slight_smile:

Current installed version, means it is in image file and package maintainer is from last build?

Seems the CP was not needed, image works? - also i renamed the file look one line above… _KJ

Package maintainer version is the version you’ve downloaded via apt

The img will work,but it cannot be pavked,so the img.gz is the old one

Which file have you renamed? I see that your own kernel file is used…

The cp copies the img file from uboot repo (img.gz with full bootchain till uboot) to a new file to always start from a clean base…else your previos image is changed

Hi,

@frank-w I just want to come back here to thank you for your work and your support :slight_smile:

I have managed to get all my hardware to work I2C (accelerometer) /UART (GPS) /USB-WIFI/SSD… I can read my data from python etc.

Thank you!

hi

where can I find the file ‘jammy_arm64.tar.gz’ ?

It is created,if you install debootstrap package,see error above the ls error

I have installed but there is another error

Which host OS do you have? Maybe it does not support ramdisk (or mount command the parameter)

You can try disabling ramdisk with # at beginning of line

thank you Frank,

I have disabled “#ramdisksize=1G”

but it not work now, another error

Looks like it is caused by your current path…can you replace spaces in your path e.g. by underscores (maybe this is also the cause for mount issue)?

you are the genius )

it works !

thank you Frank !

Hi

system does not start

i wrote it to SD( dd img … /dev/sdb)