Building audio streamer

I found interesting project on the internet https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2282585. I would like to execute it but the problem is the shortage of RPI zero w, so it brings me to BPI-M2 zero, which has better specs while having the same form factor and is available. I would like to know if there is a OS or programme that I can use to stream music in high quality (Flac or Wav) to external DAC by OTG usb and can choose what to play by BT or Wifi on phone (something like RuneAudio, Volumio or PiCorePlayer). Is there something for BPI-M2 zero that would fullfill my needs?

I am trying to a similar thing using moode audio. I am doing some experiments but will let you know my findings as I go. I just wish banana pi had a tool similar to libre-computer’s portability tool that auto converted Raspbian to a compatible version (does still need some tweaking but gets it going right out of the box). Unfortunately seeing how outdated some of the pre-configured os files are (like 2020) it doesn’t seem as though they support as well, which is a shame because their products have good potential.

Okay so I have been playing with this a bit and have made some advancements. I have Shairport-sync running on my BPI-M2Z successfully with a USB DAC so that I can airplay to it. Took a little fine tuning and had problems with my region causing corruption of my file system some how (that took a good while to figure out) but I think thats more of an Armbian issue. I’m going to eventually try and dig into what makes Moode Audio what it is and see if I can implement its components into my Armbian build but I’m not 100% I’m going to be using this for that as I also have some other SBCs by another vender that convert Raspbian into a compatible system. I’ll post back if I do make any further headway I just wanted to tell you audio casting to a usb DAC is possible.

hello

sorry to ask old thread. however looks like you have something that interested by me. how is your progress to make moode audio in armbian? any progress with?

Converting FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) files to AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) can be done using various software tools. One popular and free option is to use a tool called FFmpeg. FFmpeg is a powerful multimedia processing tool that supports a wide range of audio and video formats.

Here’s a basic example of how you can use FFmpeg to convert FLAC to AAC:

1. Download FFmpeg: Make sure you have FFmpeg installed on your computer. You can download it from the official website: .
  2. Open a Terminal or Command Prompt: Open a terminal or command prompt on your computer.
  3. Navigate to the folder containing your FLAC files: Use the cd command to navigate to the directory where your FLAC files are located.