I’ve bought two BPI M2 Zeroes after learning my Raspberry Pi Zero just did not have enough processing power.
After struggling for a week or so getting them to boot I made this post.
I have these parts;
- One BPI M2 Zero with soldered 5v pins, and serial pins
- One BPI M2 Zero fresh out of box
- An unbranded bad SD card
- A Sandisk Ultra Class 10 16GB SD card
- A Sandisk Extreme A1 32GB SD card
- USB power supply 5v/2A from lab setup
- 5v/10A PSU connectable to 5v pins
- Both a Windows and Linux environment
- USB UART controller
- I even went and bought a “proven” SD card reader
- Raspbian images, Armbian images, BPI images, many versions.
- Images burnt with Etcher and dd
It seems that no matter what I configure in whatever way I just cannot get anything to boot. I feel like I must be missing something obvious as there are no common components and I seem to not have gotten into any of the common pitfalls I read about.
In any setup the onboard LED flashes red in a short-long-short-long(…) pattern. There is no HDMI output and I can’t read anything via serial on any tested boudrate.
Does anyone have some pointers or tips for me?
Thank you in advance.