- based on RASPBIAN STRETCH 9.1 2017-08-16 (support rpi3 rpi2 rpi1)
- support BPI-M2 Ultra & BPI-M2 Berry kernel 3.10.107
- username & password: pi/bananapi , root/bananapi
- support LCD 7"
- support LCD 5"
- support HDMI 1080P & 480P & 720P (default)
- support GMAC
- support WIFI
- support BT (with bluetoothctl can setup)
- support SATA
- support UART (default set 2 pin mode for /dev/ttyS2)
- support I2C
- support SPI
- support eMMC (support boot from eMMC)
- support Battery (BPI-M2 Ultra only)
- support IR (getevent can test, BPI-M2 Ultra only)
- support touch screen (can control desktop or getevent to test)
- support power key (getevent can test)
- support OTG (BPI-M2 Ultra only)
- support CAMERA ov5640 (guvcview / cap / ffmpeg-3.2.1 support video H.264 hw encode)
- support uEnv.txt to fatload uImage
- support bpi-bootsel to set LCD7" / LCD5" / HDMI (720P & 1080P & 480P)
- support bpi-copy to write SD/eMMC with img.zip file
- support video play 1080p with vdpau (vlc)
- support chromium 60.0.3112.89
- support scratch 1.4
- support scratch 2
- support wiringpi 2.44 (https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-WiringPi2, thanks to http://wiringpi.com/ & https://github.com/WiringPi/WiringPi)
- support rpi.gpio 0.6.3 for python (https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/RPi.GPIO, thanks to https://sourceforge.net/projects/raspberry-gpio-python/)
- thanks for raspberry.org’s work (https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian)
- Thanks for linux-sunxi community (http://linux-sunxi.org/)
- Special thanks for Daniel Andersen with BPI-M2U-bsp (https://github.com/dan-and)
- Special thanks for Alex support with camera functions (https://github.com/avafinger)
- ref. https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-M2U-bsp
- ref. https://bananapi.gitbooks.io/bpi-m2-ultra-open-source-single-board-computer/content/
FILESIZE: 1919429092 (~1830MB)
UNPACK: 7456MB (eMMC size)
with 7`0 touch screen and camera test :
with 5`0 touch screen and camera test :
This is running for me on my M2-Berry. Much better than the latest Ubuntu image.
A few notes:
- HDMI audio won’t enable, though it is selectable as a device for VLC playback
- Video acceleration working out of the box with VLC at least (1080p runs fine)
- Chromium works quite smoothly, though Youtube video won’t play even 720p without frame drop
- Kodi package in apt appears broken (kodi won’t start, core dumps)
Questions to bpi/devs:
- How can I enable HDMI audio as default device?
- How can I enable 1080p accelerated video in Chromium/HTML5?
Kodi will not work with m2u. It’s required system patches. Old kernel, like 3.4 version - best wariant for mediacenter
Thanks @Oleksandr_Kuzmenko, I didn’t get the notification for your reply.
I didn’t realise there were so many hardware dependencies with Kodi - I am now attempting to patch as you suggested using instructions at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254202.
I’m wondering what kernel to build against though.
I’m following the instructions at https://bananapi.gitbooks.io/bpi-m2-ultra-open-source-single-board-computer/content/bpi-m2ultrasourcecodeongithub/bpi-berrybpi-ultra-how-to-alter-ubootkernel-from-github.html but the kernel there is at 3.10.107, which I’m guessing won’t receive patches for a 3.4 kernel. How can I use the above procedure to build for a different kernel version? I’m new to this BPI toolstack.
No luck with this image. Seems to have a kernel crash immediately on startup .Just keeps restarting before I can get to the shell. Downloading Raspbian Jessie image now.
So the Jessie build worked, but I had some issues compiling some code, so went back to my trusty image. This had the same problem / boot loop as this build. Then I decided to wait 30 mins before powering up again and it worked fine. Not sure why this was the case.
For HDMI sound try hub ouput hdmi mode in sound adjust.
I installed in in the BPI zero, works
- I want to create a login for the Octoprint but it does not ask me to do one when I first log in into it via Web browser, there is already a log in?
- Anyone knows where to find a cable compatible with the pi camera?