Booting Armbian Image on the M6

I have burn the following image with etcher

The flash is completed successful, I place into my M6, hold the SPI and place in the power, but nothing boots up. I have a UART cable hooked up, but all I am seeing as follows

If I type boot It boots up, but I don’t get the first time boot menu from Armbian. Also, is there a way to set the SD card to boot first over the eMMC without pressing the SPI?

Hi,

I tried the Armbian Image today (see https://cool-web.de/raspberry/banana-pi-bpi-m6-raspberry-pi-alternative-linux-armbian-xfce-2024-02-29-test.htm) and it booted well into the Armbian (after approx. 10…20 seconds of black screen).

I wonder, why there’s the line “mmc1 is current device” in your log. It looks like booted from SD, but then switched to MMC. Might be, the second partition on the SD Card is corrupt. I would try to burn the SD again with etcher and turn verify on.

Also, is there a way to set the SD card to boot first over the eMMC without pressing the SPI? Unfortunately not. I wish there would be a way, too.

Hi again,

today I tried to flash an image to a chinese “Lexar” SD-Card with 32GB, but could not boot from it. Maybe you should try another brand, some quality stuff like SanDisk or Samsung? Just a guess…