Bananapi BPI-M2 Zero New Image Release Armbian Bullseye

Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Bananapim2z_bullseye_edge_6.0.9.img

1. About this release

• This release is for banana pi M2 Zero board,which is based on Armbian bullseye operation system with kernel 6.0.9
  2. Network test

• Wifi

3. Image link

1 Like

what’s the login/pw?

Setting by yourself upon first startup.

I’m new here, I have a question, mind you I’m pretty old and super naive about all of this. I have this running on a Banana pi M2 zero and am amazed at the performance I’m trying to load a program called HamClock on it and all goes well (connects and gets files etc, but in the actual install I’m getting these errors stopping the install. unable to locate package raspberrypi-ui-mods and unable to locate libraspberrypi-dev

I’m sorry if this a super stpuid question but here I am asking.

I’m new here, I have a question, mind you I’m pretty old and super naive about all of this. I have this running on a Banana pi M2 zero and am amazed at the performance I’m trying to load a program called HamClock on it and all goes well (connects and gets files etc, but in the actual install I’m getting these errors stopping the install. unable to locate package raspberrypi-ui-mods and unable to locate libraspberrypi-dev

I’m sorry if this a super stpuid question but here I am asking.

how to enable SPI? Hi, I am new to Bananapi and Armbian, I am testing a HAT on the BananaPi M2-Zero with the image provided, but I don’t have access to spi. When I try to enable it using the armbian-comfig, I don’t see the Hardware option. How to enable it? Any help is appreciated.

problem solved, I am using the image from https://stpete-mirror.armbian.com/archive/bananapim2zero/archive/, but I am curious why the hardware option is not there

Curious which HAT you are using. How to enable SPI is listed here in this discussion of the Waveshare CAN board (which also requires other things).

https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/742425/525760

I have the same problem, great that you could solve it! Which image exactly did you use from there?

Seems that BananaPi M2 Zero has some problems enabling SPI while running various operational systems. I’ve tried a couple Raspbian, with no success. The one that seems to work is the Armbian_21.08.1_Bananapim2zero_bullseye_current_5.10.60.img, found in Armbian archives and here. (If there are any other newer versions that works SPI please reply me.)

The next thing to do is edit the armbianEnv.txt with this prompt:

sudo nano /boot/armbianEnv.txt

You should append this to the file:

overlays=spi-spidev
param_spidev_spi_bus=0

Remember to do not use more than one overlays= line. After rebooting, you should have SPI working.

Now, in my case, in trying to use CAN mcp2515 module with my BPI-M2Z. I followed this tutorial to add a can0 overlay. In every tutorial on the internet about mcp2515, they say to git install WiringPi, which is not possible for the current version and used os image, many errors, impossible to install. I installed this, which seems to work for a sister board and the prompt gpio readall seems to work fine.

This is the far I could get, the can-utils lib seems to conflict with my overlays settings, and no CAN network can be found. I am surely missing something but I dont know.