I have a banana pi M2U and I’m trying to boot with the SD card inserted (to use it as a data disk). But unfortunately i’m unable to get my image to boot if the SD card is in the slot (it keeps restarting in loop). There is nothing written on the card, I used
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk1 Bootstrap=1M and I also reformatted it). If I insert the SD card after the boot is done, there is no issue (but it’s not my intended usage).
The image I’m using on the EMMC is this one : 2017-08-27-debian-9-stretch-lite-preview-bpi-m2u-sd-emmc.img.
I found some topics (for my card or similar ones) about it but nothing solved my issue:
- Using the DC input instead of USB, that what I was already doing
- A procedure to follow to boot from EMMC, but it doesn’t work
- A forum about this same issue but with BPI-M3, but I didn’t get how to apply any of the solutions
- Replacing every “mmc 0” with “mmc 1”, but it didn’t change anything
- And this topic, but I don’t think there was any relevant solution for me
Here a screenshot of the banana pi booting with the SD card inserted