Banana PI BPI-M64 New Images :Android 6.0 & 7.0 & 8.1 Release 2018-10-24

BPI-M64 New Image Ubuntu16.04 & Android 6 Release 2018-09-18

BPI-M64 Android 6.0

BPI-M64 Android 7.0

BPI-M64 Android 8.1

1.About this release

• This release is for banana pi M64 board which is based on Allwinner A64, We release three Images, Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop & Android is based on kernel 3.10.

2.M64 Android 6.0 HDMI & LCD7

1. Features Map
  1. HDMI Version Image Links:
  1. LCD7 Version Image Links:

3.M64 Android 7.0 HDMI & LCD7

1. Features Map

4.M64 Android 8.1 HDMI & LCD7

1. Features Map

5.FAQ:

1 Like

Hello, I have some question about android versions for m64.

1. Is there a link of source code for M64 android 8.1?(like https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_YnvHgh2rwjdTRVRVFaSHd2cnc)
  2. In M64 Android 6.0 HDMI, how can I make it boot in 1080p(booing logo, and animation)? There is resolution transition during booing.

Thanks,

Junyoup Hwang

Hello,for android 8.1 code you could contact [email protected]

yes, you could add your boot logo to bsp.

My point is, when I add my 1080p booing logo into bsp, it operates in 720p. How can I set the bsp to 1080p? Which bsp source code do I have to use? Is there any guide page? I cannot find it.

which bsp code did you use?

you need to edit sys_config.fex, change “screen0_output_mode = 5” to “screen0_output_mode = 10”

I tried it, but it still doesn’t work. (still boot in 720p) I’m using the bundle bsp of android source code of this page(https://bananapi.gitbooks.io/bpi-m64/content/en/android-source-code.html) If there is other bsp, plz let me know.(can I use the bsp source-code on bpi github? I think it is for Linux version)

Could you provide information about the process step by step? Followings are what I did.

1. run “build.sh config” under lichee folder. select sun50iw1p1, android, linux-3.10, bpi-m64-hdmi
  2. vi BPI-A64-Android/lichee/tools/pack/chips/sun50iw1p1/configs/bpi-m64-hdmi/sys_config.fex
  3. correct “screen0_output_type” to 3 and “screen0_output_mode” to 10 (you said “screen0_output_mode = 5” to “screen0_output_mode = 10”, but I guess it is mistake.)
  4. run “build.sh” under lichee folder
  5. configure & make under android folder
  6. pack -d under android folder

this is android 6.0, vi this file “./lichee/tools/pack/chips/sun50iw1p1/configs/bpi-m64-hdmi/sys_config.fex”

ok, mine screen_output_mode is 5, so after you changed it, it still no work?

if you need the other version, please contact [email protected]

Hello, I’m still digging it and accomplished partially. Changing “screen0_output_type” and “screen0_output_mode” values actually doesn’t work for mine.

By the way, I found another factor which is following of [boot_disp]. After I change “output_mode” of it to “10”, the booting process is set in 1080p. image

However the bootanimation is not displayed correctly. Plz check the blow. image

(I set the display mode to 1080p60 in Android Settings and run adb command ‘wm size 1920x1080’.)

How can I make it properly? The resolution of bootanimation image files are 1920x1080 and set the desc.txt infos correctly

Hello. I have problem with Android 7.0 version.

I did test with your Android 7.0 HDMI and LCD7 firmware. After I wrote the firmware to M64 board, board froze with BPI logo screen. But Android 8.1 firmware is no problem for booting.

please help me.

Hello,Did you have any log of Android 7 ?

Great! How do we get this to load into EMMC? And don’t say livesuit as that POS doesn’t work on anything except maybe windows, which i don’t have.

Hello,what’s the os on your host PC, windows or Ubuntu?

if you use windows, you need to use phoenix card to load image on Emmc. https://pan.baidu.com/s/18Fo_JhYY02gmxtFw2Ps3rQ

but if you use Ubuntu, you need to use livesuit to load.

Well, the 8.1 Android image features map says “fdisk -h can recognise EMMC, and can burn image on EMMC.” So if I boot into 8.1 from a TF/SD card, I can simply burn it to EMMC using fdisk? GREAT! Then I don’t need phoenix card or livesuit, right?

Hi.

The booting problem is fixed.

I have one more problem of google service. How do I add google service in BPI-A64-Android7? I did add google service using open gapps. But when I did try to add google account, couldn’t sign in with error message of “There was a problem communication with Google servers”.

please help me.

Hello, please try here:

Jackzeng and friends, I’m trying to write the .img file from Android 7 downloaded at the link above. The SD card is class 10 and is giving the second error: [Data File] Burn Fail I have tried several sandisk mini SD cards and several adapters, on windows 7 and windows 10 with several versions of the PhoenixCard and still giving the image error at the end of the recording:

PhoenixCardError

Hi, How do you fix the problem of startup freeze when connected HDMI?

I’m using the TOUCHSCREEN LCD 7 "S070WV20-CT16 with Banana Pi M64 and the touch screen is not working on Android 6.0.1 Release 2018-10-24! I already tried compiling the kernel 6.0.1 android 3.10 with the (bpi-m64-lcd or bpi-m64-lcd7) option and the touch screen does not work! The second problem I noticed is that from HDMI connected in android 6.0.1 kernel 3.10 (bpi-m64-lcd or bpi-m64 -lcd7), The Banana Pi M64 does not booting! Can anyone help me? Sorry my bad english! :slight_smile:

Hello, this lcd7 need to use ft5xx driver, please do this:

1.open file “lichee/tools/pack/chips/sun50iw1p1/configs/bpi-m64-lcd7/sys_config.fex” change ctp like this:

ctp_twi_addr = 0x38

ctp_name = “ft5x_ts”

2.Add this "insmod /system/vendor/modules/ft5x_ts.ko " to file “android/device/softwinner/bpi-m64-lcd/init.sun50iw1p1.rc”

3.recompile the code

1 Like

Thank you very much Jackzeng,

I have another problem:

I use a compiled version lcd version 6.0.1. First I connect the lcd and HDMI with M64 at the same time, and I turn on the power, the android will stop in uboot, if I connect only the lcd, it initializes normal. What should I do to make BPI-M64 with android 6.0.1 boot up on both the HDMI and LCD screens at the same time? I noticed that on android 8.1 it boots normally with both screens at the same time and that on android 6.0.1 after the bootloader the HDMI and LCD work normally! Sorry my bad english! :slight_smile: