Banana Pi BPI-M3 new Armbian image

Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Bananapim3_focal_current_5.15.82_xfce_desktop.img image

Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Bananapim3_jammy_edge_6.1.11_xfce_desktop.img image

Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Bananapim3_bullseye_edge_6.1.0_xfce_desktop.img image

1. About this image:

• This release is for banana pi M3 board, which is based on Armbian operation system.
    • focal current version with 5.15.82 kernel.
    • jammy edge version with 6.1.11 kernel.
    • bullseye edge version with 6.1.0 kernel.
  2. Image link:

3. Settings upon first startup: image

More please see wiki page: https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-M3

1 Like

@Rookie Hi, I am trying to build an Armbian Banana Pi M3 image but cannot find the option for the M3. There seemed to be issues with doing an `sudo apt-get update’ and ‘sudo apt-get upgrade’ on your image.

I removed the extra repos from /etc/apt/sources.list.d giving 404’s and I seem to be on the way to an upgrade.

It would still be good to have instructions for building the Armbian Debian Bullseye build though please as I really need to create a minimal install for using the BPi-M3 as a server !

and

@igorpec I am meant or was meant to be the maintainer for Banana Pi M3. I have not been able to get it to build and could not get the old builds working. Its is not included in the options and seems to have been removed. @Rookie seems to have been able to build a working release, but I am had issues with ‘apt-get upgrade’ which I solved by removing extraneous /etc/apt/source.list.d files that were giving a 404. I have a upgrade now but have a cron job thats crashing the device.

It’s not removed. Just by default only those with “Standard support” are displayed. Its among “Community supported”.

./compile.sh EXPERT="yes"

Shows them all.

Then everything is driven by a menu. No instructions are needed. You build Debian that, Ubuntu what you need / want.

Please add issues to Armbian ticketing system Issues · armbian/build · GitHub Already that is hard to monitor and react if you have not enough people.

@igorpec - I am getting the following :-

configuration not found tried /home/aaronngray/GitHub/build/config/sources/families/.conf

[:boom:] error! [ Sources configuration not found tried /home/aaronngray/GitHub/build/config/sources/families/.conf /home/aaronngray/GitHub/build/userpatches/config/sources/families/.conf ] [:boom:] Exiting with error 43 [ at /home/aaronngray/GitHub/build/lib/functions/logging/traps.sh:1 exit_with_error() → lib/functions/logging/traps.sh:1 source_family_config_and_arch() → lib/functions/configuration/main-config.sh:496 do_main_configuration() → lib/functions/configuration/main-config.sh:259 do_with_logging() → lib/functions/logging/section-logging.sh:81 do_with_conditional_logging() → lib/functions/logging/section-logging.sh:111 prep_conf_main_build_single() → lib/functions/main/config-prepare.sh:29 cli_standard_build_run() → lib/functions/cli/cli-build.sh:22 armbian_cli_run_command() → lib/functions/cli/utils-cli.sh:136 cli_entrypoint() → lib/functions/cli/entrypoint.sh:176 main() → compile.sh:50 ] [:boom:] Cleaning up [ please wait for cleanups to finish ] [:herb:] ANSI log file built; inspect it by running: [ less -RS output/logs/log-build-b24091b6-97da-4820-88bd-81f169fc55b1.log.ans ] [:herb:] Share log manually (or SHARE_LOG=yes): [ curl --data-binary @output/logs/log-build-b24091b6-97da-4820-88bd-81f169fc55b1.log.ans hastebin ]

Once again. Please use Armbian support resources. They will guide you and hopefully help resolving the problem.

@igorpec I have filed the following issue :- Sources configuration not found tried /home/ ... /build/config/sources/families/.conf · Issue #6028 · armbian/build · GitHub

@igorpec Thanks, I understand what happened there now !