Banana pi BPI-M2 Berry quad core single-board computer with Allwinner V40

Banana pi BPI-M2 Berry quad core single-board computer with Allwinner V40

A%20BPI-M2%20Berry

Banana PI BPI-M2 Berry is the open source hardware platform, Banana PI BPI-M2 Berry is a quad-core cortex -A7 CPU ,use Allwinner R40 design, it support WIFI+BT on board.and support SATA interface on board.

Banana Pi BPI-M2 Berry series run Android, Debian linux, Ubuntu linux,Raspbian system and other OS.

Banana PI PBI-M2 Berry hardware: Quad Core ARM Cortex A7,ARMv7 CPU, 2GB DDR3 SDRAM, all size is same as raspberry pi 3. note ,BPI-M2 Berry not onboard eMMC flash support.

Banana PI BPI-M2 Berry with Gigabit Ethernet port, It can run Android smoothly. The size of Banana PI BPI-M2 Berry same as Banana Pi BPI-M64, support 1080P video, the 40 pin GPIO header is pin-compatible with Raspberry Pi.

The new BPI-M2 Berry is a tiny little computer with great big ambitions. The expandable single-board device runs either Linux or Android and features impressive specs that outshine comparable products by a substantial margin. Highlights include a quad-core ARMv7 processor, a Mali 400 MP2 GPU, and support for 1080P ultra high-definition video.

More specs follow below.

1. Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU
  2. Dual core Mali 400 MP2 GPU
  3. 1G DDR3 SDRAM
  4. support SATA interface
  5. MicroSD slot supports up to 256GB expansion
  6. Not 8G eMMC flash onboard
  7. CSI camera intface and DSI display interface support
  8. 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet port
  9. (4) USB 2.0 hosts and (1) USB otg port
  10. 1080P high-definition video playback
  11. HDMI port and multi-channel audio output
  12. WIFI&Bluetooth 4.0 with 802.11BGN onboard
  13. 3.5mm Stereo Output mini-jack with microphone support
  14. Not support Built-in 3.7V Lithium Battery Charging Circuit
  15. Hardware security enables trustzone security system, Digital Rights Management (DRM), information encryption/decryption, secure boot, secure JTAG and secure efuse

BPI-M2 Berry hardware interface:

BPI-M2 Berry hardwaer spec:

GPIO define:

BPI-M2 Berry is same size as raspberry pi 3 , so you can use raspberry pi box .

more about BPI-M2 berry ,please see wiki documents:

http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-M2_Berry

Banana Pi M2 Berry - unboxing, boot, thermal imaging pictures

easy to buy sample :

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.F9S05t&orderId=503446847031746&productId=32823650244

1 Like

Is BPi M2 Berry based on V40 or R40? What are the differences? Does V40 not support battery?

V40 also support battery . but M2 berry , we not support battery interface ,just BPI-M2 Ultra support .

V40 and R40 is same . just remark.

Why? It’s just two solder pads somewhere like on BPi M1? What’s the reason to save such a cheap battery connector?

board size limited , BPI-M2 berry same size as raspberry pi 3, and can use RPI 3 boxs. so we remove battery interface ,if you need it, please choose BPI-M2 Ultra.

Are you kidding?!

Two solder pads for a battery like on Banana Pi M1 can be placed without any problems on top PCB side and bottom PCB is almost empty (see wiki to compare with M1 PCB situation in case you never held one in your hands). You’re really telling us you saved the battery connector for PCB size constraints? Do you think we’re stupid?

BPI-M1 board is bigger than BPI-M2 Berry

BPI-M2 Berry public sale . easy to buy sample :slight_smile:

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.F9S05t&orderId=503446847031746&productId=32823650244

Banana Pi M2 Berry - unboxing, boot, thermal imaging pictures

BPI M2-Berry where WiringPi is downloaded

image have include Wiring Pi support . or you can download source code at github.

newest version:

I downloaded version 2.44 of WiringPi, it prompts me that the version is not correct and my development board is BPI M2-Berry

Hello, I bought a Banana Pi M2 Berry. Unfortunately I have not found a system with the Banana Pi booted. The image “2017-05-25-raspbian-jessie-preview3-bpi-m2u-sd-emmc.img” can not be started. The Banana Pi hangs up in an endless loop when booting. For help, I would be grateful. Greetings Jürgen Rieger

Hi JĂĽrgen

Schreib das img neu auf die SD, die zip hast entpackt ? 
Wenn das nicht Hilft musst du es neu Downloaden .

Write the img new to the SD, the zip have unpacked?
If this does not help you have to re-download it.

Hello Wolfgang, thank you very much for your answer. Yes I have extract the ZIP-File and I have write the Image multiple times at the SD-Card. If I open the Google Download Side a Message appears: Google Drive kann keinen Virenscann fĂĽr diese Datei DurchfĂĽhren. Trotzdem herunterladen? Where is a better Link to download this Image? Where can I find a better download? Regards JĂĽrgen

V40 datasheet:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4PAo2nW2KfneE54VzVOdHpITzA/view?usp=sharing