Banana pi BPI-R2 Premium Aluminum Enclosure

(bpi team) #1

Banana pi BPI-R2 Premium Aluminum Enclosure

two hard drives inside: so ,your NAS ???

more about BPI-R2

(Maciek Szelągowski) #2

more info please: does it take any hard drives?

(Daniel) #3

Hello :slight_smile:

Where and when will the enclosure be available?

Thanks in advance and best regards, temp0r

(bpi team) #4

will ready this month .,

(Daniel) #5

Sounds good, thanks a lot!

(bpi team) #6

yes you can place your hard driver inside. :slight_smile:

(Frank W.) #7

estimated price? holes for gpio? Count of holes for wifi-antennas? please more pictures also from inside

(bpi team) #8

OK, will update soon , just tooling finished and sample ready .:slight_smile:

(Thomas Linke) #9

That looks extremely nice! Can we access the switches on the rear side? How about some some brackets for 19" rackmount? Would’t that be nice too?

(Frank W.) #10

where to get such angulated (90°) sata power-cables? you use the fan-port for 2nd sata-power, right (not powered by default)? the 4 pin-header is empty… is there enough space to top for dupont-cables on gpio/debug-uart and holes in case to get them out?

(bpi team) #11

Wow, neat! Do you perhaps have an update when this will be available on aliexpress or other channels?

(bpi team) #13

yes, will instock soon .:slight_smile: , and will can buy sample from aliexpress soon.

(Tony) #14

When will it be available?

Is it possable to add a fan on the top?

(bpi team) #16

Banana Pi BPI-R2 Arcylic case

(Thomas Linke) #17

Hi Frank-W,

just like you I stumbled across the powering a second disk with the power-outlet named “FAN”. On Sunday, I gave it a try, risqued an old HDD, and you know what? It worked! :slight_smile:

Still I don’t actually know what that four-pin power connector is supposed to be. Hmmmm … could it be that it has 2x GND plus 1x 5 Volts an 1x 12 Volts for a serious 3.5" Harddisk oder CDROM’s. Imagine that!!!

If that’s true, I’m going to put an SCSI-Controller into the pci-e Port and boot from Tape :smiley:

(Frank W.) #18

the 4-pin-connector: http://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=bpi-r2:sata_power.jpg

Which os/kernel do you use with the fan-connector? I have no output-voltage in my test (did not try a hdd on it yet)

(Thomas Linke) #19

I used the standard Ubuntu image. When I put my meter on the pins I didn’t measure anything. So I had a cognac and decided to take the risk. And when I started the R2, the harddisks also started. Lucky me, didn’t burn the house :smiley:

Didn’t know the image you showed me, so indeed, this looks like a power-outlet for a 3.5" drive :wink: I do not need that right now, but it’s good to know.

(Frank W.) #20

i assume the output is a PWM-signal (for stepping down/up the fan) = alternating current. I’m not sure if it can be used securily for a hard-disk which may requires a stable direct current…

the image is taken/modified by me (measured the output using a multimeter), was only linked on german part of my Wiki, now also the english-page of “hardware” available