What are you trying to do with you BPI-F3?

Hello all,

I’ve been working on multiple things for my board. I’ve tried tftp booting and booting from multiple devices. Tried different boot loaders like extlinux and others.

Even tried to build grub and grub2 for this board. I have found some information on the keys on boot issue which is located here. README · master · Roman Kraievskyi / ubootpubkey · GitLab

I would like to try a net boot installer or just have one installer do everything for me.

Just wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks Franco

The board is used to test dav1d and I’m using it to experiment with alternative ways to produce Gentoo images.

I’m working on an installer that will let you install whatever Linux Operating system you want. It’s a combination of custom boot loader and auto partition setup.

I’ve been working on this board for over a month gathering information on how to do that. There’s a lot of features that they don’t enable on boot which could make things much easier.

Learning a lot more about u-boot and so on. It’s a long process but I’m getting there.

Franco

There isn’t a single “they” here :slight_smile:

You have the spacemit reference distribution, bianbu, and the sinovoip rendition of armbian that can be considered a reference distribution as well.

Once the uboot, opensbi and linux support are mainlined things will get simpler and the normal distribution support will be less experimental.

I’m using it as NAS with OpenMediaVault. It can connect up to 6 HDDs. It should work with 8-10 li-ion 18650 baterries thas loaded from 4-5 PSU modules in parallel. It’s just a prototype. Will make PETG body for that project.

1 Like