Solved: Persisting changes in LEDE

Im not sure if I have the right images or not. However, booting from EMMC or SD card, I am unable to make changes to the fs and have them persist on reboot. What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting in the Uboot I must change?

No additional operation is required, but please note that it will take about 3 minutes to initialize jffs2 file system if you’are using a fresh image, so please make sure the jffs2 file system is ready and then change the file, the change will be saved across restart.

I don’t think this is happening. I have left the system on for long periods of time now and have not seen changes persist.

Do you know of the particular image in which this occurs in? Was trying both your 2017 and 2018 image. Any particular instructions for making sure the jffs2 fs is init?

Hi Psie

I validated this based on latest Openwrt Image, you can get it from here:

Below is the log, that proves the persisting change does work fine. test1.log (564 字节)

When you see the log “jffs2: notice: (458) jffs2_build_xattr_subsystem: complete building xattr subsystem”, that means the initialization of jffs2 file system is done.

Persisting just doesn’t work. I even recreated your tests just minimize variables.

I do see the jffs2_build_xattr_subsystem on line 964 however (of the log I posted below). I ended up using the mtk-bpi-r2-SD.img on Google Drive. I did not end up flashing the eMMC. This is not manditory is it? I am thinking that the two images (SD & eMMC) exist for choice, not requirement.

Here is a log of my entire bootup plus me illustrating that I have no text.txt https://ghostbin.com/paste/s9j8j

Thanks for helping me by the way!

I dont understand, now all the sudden it save 0_o. I left the darn thing on for 2 hours and came back to it.

As a side note, I noticed reboot would hang before. Now it seems to work! Could it possibly be that the jffs2 wasn’t ready until now? Thus allowing reboot to be unblocked and saving to occur?

Thoughts?

If the initialization of jffs2 file system isn’t done, the command “reboot” will hang until jffs2 file system is ready.

1 Like