I’m trying to set my own image on eMMC. However, it doesn’t boot - there is something similiar to “Verification failure: FW SHA256 Verification failed” - how can I omit this check? My system is Ubuntu 18.04 (no, I can’t use ready image).
Thank you for help,
Ok, I know how to do it.
Manual for making own eMMC system with own kernel:
- Build kernel with kernel and U-Boot option
- Prepare rootfs, U-Boot img and kernel files (uImage etc. etc.), copy it to some storage device (for example USB pendrive)
- Run the other system on BPI-W2 (from SD card or SATA)
- Format eMMC, make fs (mkfs) (make partitions like on SD card)
- Copy files to eMMC (like SD card)
- Now use
sudo bpi-bootsel U-Boot.img.gz /dev/mmcblk1 (in my situation)
- You’re ready to go, pull out your card and be happy about working eMMC system! Just remember to change bootsel switch position to
1, otherwise it won’t launch.
@SinoVoip, is it possible to add this tutorial to wiki or something for another?