Seeking Advice on BPI-r3/4 Support for DPDK or NETMAP

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project and I am interested in customizing my own protocol stack. Specifically, I am looking for information on whether the BPI-r3/4 board can support DPDK or NETMAP. I would appreciate any advice or guidance from the community regarding this topic. If anyone has experience or knowledge about using DPDK or NETMAP on the BPI-r3/4, please share your insights. Additionally, if there are any resources, tutorials, or documentation available that can help me get started with customizing my protocol stack on the BPI-r3/4, please point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from you!

I think mtk lack dpdk driver for the soc. We use vhost net and vpp to bypass openwrt network stacj, only use wifi part

I’m grateful for your input!

The Ethernet driver recently gained support for XDP – but not yet in OpenWrt, only bleeding edge vanilla Linux. Afaik XDP is supported by all recent MediaTek SoCs (MT7986, MT7981, MT7988) and hence on the BPi-R3 and BPi-R4.

A nice presentation explaining and comparing DPDK, eBPF and XDP

Thank you for providing the information. I will look up relevant materials.