Not able to boot from SD Card

I accidentally booted from NAND and installed to NAND. Since then I am not able to boot r3 from sd card. spi-nand spi_nand spi_nand@1 Winbon.txt (2.4 KB)

I guess you use bpi-r3 and openwrt?

Sd Boot depends on boot switches not on content of nand. Either you have overwritten your sdcard bootchain or most likely the switches are wrong.

Using ethernet@15100000 device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.254; our IP address is 192.168.1.1
Filename 'openwrt-mediatek-filogic-bananapi_bpi-r3-initramfs-recovery.itb'.
Load address: 0x46000000
Loading: *

So uboot on r3 (do not see which device it is booted from) runs into recovery mode and failes to boot from tftp (which i guess you do not have).

Recovery can be triggered by rst/wps-switch (there was a bug with m.2 slot and so openwrt uses wps button),pstore or invalid image (write issue)

After providing this file via tftp. There is only U-Boot option. What to do I next?

tested the sdcard on another r3, there it booted without any issue.

Have you compared jumpers with the non-working board? Did you made a full powercycle to clean pstore too?

Yes all the jumpers are set to high (1111). Did a powercycle but no effect on the sd card behaviour. Even after loading from tftp and sysupgrade on next boot it gives only you u-boot console option. But if the sdcard is flashed again and inserted it gives normal uboot menu.

So the broken write issue…but strange that it was working on the other device

Yes. The other board being the one i fried. How do i fix the broken write issue?

I thought you reflashed and all is good

no, ordered a new board. received it yesterday and today there a issue again :joy::joy:. something definitely got fried in that board.

Does this file contain wifi drivers?