[M5] Manjaro ARM Official

Copied boot.ini with conent

'V)�v�a�_�b����S905 autoscriptZif fatload mmc 0 0x1000000 u-boot.ext; then go 0x1000000; fi;
if fatload usb 0 0x1000000 u-boot.ext; then go 0x1000000; fi;
setenv env_addr 0x1040000
setenv initrd_addr 0x13000000
setenv boot_start 'bootm ${loadaddr} ${initrd_addr} ${dtb_mem_addr}'
setenv addmac 'if printenv mac; then setenv bootargs ${bootargs} mac=${mac}; elif printenv eth_mac; then setenv bootargs ${bootargs} mac=${eth_mac}; fi'
setenv try_boot_start 'if fatload ${devtype} ${devnum} ${loadaddr} uImage; then if fatload ${devtype} ${devnum} ${initrd_addr} uInitrd; then fatload ${devtype} ${devnum} ${env_addr} uEnv.ini && env import -t ${env_addr} ${filesize} && run addmac; fatload ${devtype} ${devnum} ${dtb_mem_addr} ${dtb_name} && run boot_start; fi;fi'
setenv devtype mmc
setenv devnum 0
run try_boot_start
setenv devtype usb
for devnum in 0 1 2 3 ; do run try_boot_start ; done

I just ran the install-aml-emmc.sh and it created the files on the eMMC boot partition. I did not change any file other than we talked about in this thread.

Now I changed uEnv.ini on the mmcblk1p1 to

dtb_name=/dtbs/amlogic/meson-sm1-bananapi-m5.dtb
bootargs=root=PARTUUID=1d550000-02 rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles

Shutdown, remove SD card still no boot.

I will test it myself. You’re confusing the bootloader by running the script again.

You used the same mbox android image like I did right ?

Same mbox Android image. I ran the script twice, but something went wrong so I reflashed Android and then run the script only once IIRC.

I am flashing mbx image on emmc now and then will test the KDE Latest image from the link.

In my test the mmc flash is not working as it not able to find any data in emmc when booting. I am testing this further to see whether this garbage bootloader needs more space to fit in.

Do you have any luck booting from eMMC?

No didn’t try it after that.

Do you plan to fix the memory and the eMMC issue or should we move to another image?

1 Like

What do you mean by memory fix ?

for emmc I could’nt find much in the logs. This issue is only on BPI m5 while other amlogic soc using the same script have no issue at all.

1 Like

The one I mentioned here: [M5] Manjaro ARM Official

No idea. I am using upstream dts and it seems most of the memory is reserved by the bsp uboot, I can’t do much until someone from BPI team advice on this.

1 Like

@sinovoip can you advise on this issue?

1 Like

does the manjaro will support Banana Pi BPI-M5 RTL8822CS WiFi&BT board ?

Cannot exactly remember but the was some additional pkg using dkms.

Let me check if it is the same model.

Yes there is a package here.
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/packages/community/dkms-rtl8822cs

Try to run the following command and it should install the needed drivers and reboot.

sudo pacman -S dkms-rtl8822cs

Good luck.

failed with Linux 5.17.6.1 and gcc 12.1.0

It will be helpful if you can share error logs.

Thanks

make.log (13.0 KB) %E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87

FYI, there is an ongoing effort from Martin Blumenstingl to add support for the RTL8822CS chip; based on the active work from Sascha Hauer to support RTL882x USB devices. See here:

1 Like

Hello, I’ve installed the newest Manjaro Mate Image from Dec. 26, 2022 on my Banana PI M5. The image works so far, but addresses only 1 GB instead of 4 GB memory, as already described above. Maybe that’s why it’s so slow ? Is there already a fix, or can this be adjusted manually ?

Not sure. Maybe your board came with updates uboot in Android image which causes the ram issue.

Hopefully bpi support team need to advice on what needs to be updated.