There appears to be confusion on how to flash the Android firmware onto the board.
The instructions bellow explain how to flash Android 9.0 onto the Banana Pi BPI-M2 Pro SBC with use of a Windows PC.
- These instructions can easily be adapted for other Operating Systems.
- PC with Microsoft Windows
- Android mbox variant ui image (release 2021-05-20, Android 9.0 kernel 4.9.113)
- Amlogic USB Burning Tool v 126.96.36.199
- USB A-Male to Micro B Charger Cable
- Download the mbox variant ui image for BPI-M5 / M2-Pro (at the time of writing release 2021-05-20, Android 9.0 with kernel 4.9.113)
- Download and install the Amlogic USB Burning Tool v188.8.131.52
Flashing the firmware:
- Extract the BPI-M5 / M2-Pro firmware archive
- Start Amlogic USB Burning Tool
- Import aml_upgrade_package.img (file / import image) from the extracted archive
- Ensure only 'erase flash" and “erase bootloader” are checked and “normal erase” is selected
- Press start
- Connect the M2 Pro with the USB A-Male to Micro B Charger Cable to an available USB slot on the PC.
Upon successful completion:
- Press stop
- Disconnect the USB A-Male to Micro B Charger Cable from PC
- Reconnect the USB A-Male to Micro B Charger Cable to PC USB slot
The SBC should boot into Android
Be aware this SBC has only 2Gb of Ram, which is far from optimal for Android OS.