Different OpenWRT Releases - Which features?

Hi, i’m going to receive my R4 in a few weeks ( with the BE14000 Wifi card ), and i’m wondering which release to use. On the firmware selector of the openwrt project i have a snapshot available, but there is no information about the support of the Wifi7 card, and about the SFP+ 2.5G / 10G BaseT support.

On the wiki page there is several releases of OpenWRT with different versions of the Mediatek SDK ( version 4 and 3.6 for the indicated support of BE14000, and one release wich seems specific for the 2,5G SFP (but no indication of BE14000 on this one). What i disklike a bit about these ones are the base openwrt used for it ( 21 ), and of course the fact that they seem “far” from the snapshot official versions.

Does anyone have a clear vision / understanding of wich version supports what ?

Hello Pix, sorry for not writing you an individual post …

Open WRT in general:

2,5G (NOT SFP):

BE14:

Thank you very very much for the brief !

I’ve done some small packaging on the openwrt buildsys already, i know my way around board brings up… looks like i’m going to try and see if the mediatek drivers ( if available as source code) can build with openwrt snapshot then :slight_smile: I’ll give it a try and send some feedback

Ok now i face the main roadblock, the proprietary driver kit for the BE14000 seems to only be distributable as a binary so my side project just died ( maybe i’ll try and see if i can build openwrt 23+ with a binary install of the kernel and modules but it looks like a lots of work for something probably very shaky). Guess i’ll stay on the Sinovip-released versions of OpenWRT until one day be14000 support becomes mainline