Configure USB Wifi for M5

Hello. I’m having a problem with configuring Wifi for Banana Pi M5. According to the information I read here: https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Getting_Started_with_M5/M2Pro#Wifi.2FBT_support 7xOXukE I understand, M5 can work with USB Wifi using chip rtl8821cu wifi/bt(usb), applicable to both Android and Linux. I have been looking to buy a USB Wifi using this chip, it works with Linux (Raspberry Pi OS), but not with Android. I went through the information here: https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Getting_Started_with_M5/M2Pro#Android_DTB_overlay 2023-05-29_15-15 And accordingly, I understand that, with Android, it will need to configure DTB Overlays again to receive USB Wifi. Is this right? And if true, I have the problem that I don’t know how to install. I have some questions:

• What is ADB?
  • How to connect and type ADB command
  • How to connect UART to M5 and how to type commands. If possible, please help me with pictures and videos or write clear step by step. I’m a newbie, totally don’t understand how to use it. Thank you.

Check Armbian. It has by far best wifi support. In general.

I need to use Android :frowning:

And accordingly, I understand that, with Android, it will need to configure DTB Overlays again to receive USB Wifi. Is this right?

No. You don’t have to. USB wifi is plug and play. You only need to configure DTB is you use the rtl8822cs sdio module sold by Sinovoip.

ADB is android debugger. It’s essential if you want to play around with android. Just google on how to install it. I think in Debian based distro, it is called android-tools. Once install, you should have access to adb and fastboot.

You don’t really need uart (serial) debugger at this point if you want to use adb. But, this is an essential tool. You might want to get one just in case. Google for CH340G/CH340E, for example. For definition, TXD-> Tranmit, RXD-> Receive, GND->Ground. Connect TXD->RXD, RXD->TXD and GND->GND from M5 to the uart debugger. One simple way use is by using screen linux package. Once connected, just execute sudo screen -L /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 and you’re good to go (-L flag is to save the output to file screenlog.0).

Regards.