Change sata speed on bananapi-r2

hello, how can i change the sata speed on a bananapi-r2.

normaly this is set in the kernel commandline, but i find no posibility to change the commandline on this system.

there are only two kernels in the boot-directory, but no config-file.

goodby

Which image do you use?

Uboot in my images can be changed with uEnv.txt (bootopts)

hello, this file does not exist in my system.

this is the output of uname -a: Linux bananapi-w2 4.9.119-BPI-W2-Kernel #4 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 29 15:13:32 CST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

i have downloaded this images: 2019-06-19-raspbian-stretch-preview-bpi-w2-m4-sd-emmc.img.zip 2019-08-08-debian-10-buster-mate-desktop-preview5-tpm2-bpi-w2-m4-sd-emmc.img.zip 2019-08-02-debian-10-buster-lite-preview-aarch64-bpi-w2-m4-sd-emmc.img.zip

but i don’t remember, which is installed.

goodby

You have a r2 or w2? These are completely different boards…

hello, i have banana pi M1, M2, R1, R2, W2 and odroid M1, N2+ and two other models, raspberry pi 1, 2x,3x,4x with different memory configuration from 512 MB to 8 GB.

and some nas-systems with arm-cpu.

goodby

You talk about different boards…

This does not match. I do not know if it is possible to change sata speed,afaik it is handled by controller and set to highest possible value.

hello, my fault, the image for r2 is: 2018-03-29-ubuntu-16.04-mate-desktop-bpi-r2-sd-emmc.img.zip

goodby

uname -a: Linux r2-3 5.4.58-bpi-r2-main #146 SMP Sun Aug 16 15:42:09 CEST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

hello, it is possible to set max sata-speed at boot-time, but i have noch config-file to make that!

goodby

It looks like you use my image or at least my kernel…so you can use uEnv.txt in same location as uImage to set bootargs with your parameter

hello, i will test it by the next reboot of the system. this can take some time, because i am transfering terabytes of data between my systems at the moment. i use this system as temp-backup-system with a 12 TB raid.

the kernel changes the sata speed for all disks to 3 GBs after some error with 6 GB. but one link have errors with the neu 3 GB speed and i will change the cable if the disks are empty again.

goodby ans thanks

hello, must i set the hole bootconfig or only the changes bootopt or all bootopts?

goodby

This depends if you use my uboot or the one from bpi