BPI-R64 setup for newbie

Dear forum,

I’m new in the “router SBC” world and I need help to set up my new R64 board. I have installed ubuntu 18.04 image on it, I can connect to my home router using WAN interface.

I need help with the following -

1. cant connect to my home WIFI -
[root@bpi-r64 ~]# wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf 
Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
wlan0: SME: Trying to authenticate with xx:xx:xx:13:c2:81 (SSID='xxx' freq=2462 MHz)
wlan0: SME: Trying to authenticate with xx:xx:xx:13:c2:81 (SSID='xxx' freq=2462 MHz)
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-TEMP-DISABLED id=0 ssid="xxx" auth_failures=1 duration=10 reason=CONN_FAILED
nl80211: send_and_recv->nl_recvmsgs failed: -33
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-REENABLED id=0 ssid="ken"
  1. I need to set up the LAN port to connect to security cameras which IP is 192.168.1.111-113
  2. The cameras should be accessed via WAN or WLAN0
  3. Nice to have - set up the board to be AP and access the cameras

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you, Michael

Hi,

1. i have not done much with wpa_supplicant…but i would first try a scan for bssids via iw tool first,if your other router is visible. Then look on your other router as it looks like it is an authentication failure

2/3) you want to connect all cameras directly? So all lan-ports need same ip subnet. Then you have to add a bridge over all lan-ports and the bridge needs an ip address in this subnet e.g. 192.168.1.1. Wan/wlan should be differrent…else all is bridged and there is no routing :slight_smile: Make sure your main-router knows the lan-subnet of r64 and send traffic to it to the wan-ip of r64 (static route)…your main-router needs to have another ip subnet. Then routing needs to be enabled (ipv4_forwarding)

1. you can use wifi as AP or as client…if you want to do both you need 2 wifi devices

Hi,

Thanks for the replay.

1. I did the scan with iw, and its shows all available APs and the one I’m trying to connect. I have another router laying around, maybe I’ll try it 2/3. can you send me “network” config file?
  2. Realy? the on-board wifi can’t be both?

Michael

1. have here some basic documentation (currently using bridge-utils + ifupdown): https://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en/bpi-r2/network/start#netbridge some parts already show systemd/ip+bridge

2. it can do both but not at the same time