[BPI-R4] SD Debian Bookworm/Bullseye images on kernel 6.8.0-dango

Hi. I tried automatic-image and building one myself but I still have a problem that “lspci” command returns nothing. What could be wrong?

R4 and pci2 (m.2 modem slot)? If your modem is really pci (not usb) it should be visible with automatic built image

Btw. My 6.9-rc tree does not support r4 yet

KEY-M slot, I’m trying to see my NVME SSD for now

Maybe it is related to your ssd. There were some which needed an additional reset in pcie driver which was rejected in mainline…this patch is not part of the current r4 base

Okay, my bad - this SSD is SATA interface so I guess it won’t work. Still, shouldn’t lspci show anything at all? Looking through wiki I guess I should see at least:

root@R4CN:/# lspci 0002:00:00.0 PCI bridge: MEDIATEK Corp. Device 7988 (rev 01) 0004:00:00.0 Unclassified device [0002]: MEDIATEK Corp. Device 7981

?

I have M2 to 5x SATA adapter. I tried it in both slots. In M slot, lspci is empty. In B slot board is not booting (I made the change form the thread “How to activate key B”). According to wiki, I should see:

root@R4CN:/# lspci 0002:00:00.0 PCI bridge: MEDIATEK Corp. Device 7988 (rev 01) 0002:01:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB58x AHCI SATA controller 0004:00:00.0 Unclassified device [0002]: MEDIATEK Corp. Device 7981

but there is nothing.

Msata is a different datalanes on pci connector not connected on bpi boards. So it will not shown on pci controller.

For sata adapters there also some only multipliying the sata and some like the one i have in my wiki which uses a chip to transform pci to sata (jmbXXX). The sata multiplier will not work because of same as above (no sata lanes).

Mine is: M.2 B + M KEY to 5 port SATA3.0 (JMB575 Chip) so I guess I have to replace it with JMB585 one… Eh… If you have one with JMB585 - could you check if it would work in KEY B slot with patch from “How to activate…” thread?

my m.2-to-sata controller is key-m (not key b+m) so it does not match the key-b slot…(and it is longer than the screws allowing)

i have currently no m.2 card to test the key-b slot

I understand. Thank you

For anyone interested - JMB585 with M2 B to M adapter is recognized in the system :slight_smile:

1 Like