[BPI-R4] SD Debian Bookworm/Bullseye images on kernel 6.8.0-dango

my m.2-to-sata controller is key-m (not key b+m) so it does not match the key-b slot…(and it is longer than the screws allowing)

i have currently no m.2 card to test the key-b slot

I understand. Thank you

For anyone interested - JMB585 with M2 B to M adapter is recognized in the system :slight_smile:

2 Likes

has anyone gotten the docker engine to run on one of the Debian or Ubuntu images ?

The newer images with newer kernel have some options added for docker. Latest are in the automatic images folder on my gdrive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1WLWAR1FC-rF4n2SgFecBlU1ym_XKqAR_/15Y5Y3NAOwg_IMmN3k6hdb7pAQj9oTVTl/1A5S7_82Bg4EYxjzdQ5FKyBw9Qi2C3uK-?sort=13&direction=a

wonderful, many thanks for the info, I will test it right away

First of all, it works perfectly.

However, I have problems with the following

Secondly, it does not recognize the 4GB RAM image

Seems i have not yet dropped the mem=3G from bootargs…

You can easily override it by adding a uEnv.txt on BPI-BOOT partition setting bootopts without the mem or completely empty

I drop this when i’m at home.

thank you for the information

Have changed in 2024-10-bpi

1 Like

maybe you are also interested at the following:

So now working,right? Which Webinterface do you use here? I’m asked multiple times which webinterface for debian can be used…but i have not used anyone.

@marco0711 i have seen the thread,but i have a case for r3 and r4 is wothout case,but have not enough space for 19 inch rack :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes it works, all my docker containers are running.

But still the problems with the network services.

I use the WebGUI

The wait-online is a common issue in systemd where it waits for all interfaces…there was a workaround,but i do not remember exactly…just google for it. Networkmanager is new to me,afaik it is not installed by default

interesting, when I restart the network-manager service manually, it runs.

Make a clean boot and when these 2 are still in failed look in the logs/journal

It seems to be that is race condition. At boot process the following message appears for about 15 seconds before the process is completed image

In /etc/systemd/network/*.network files:

For a bridge I put:

[Link]
RequiredForOnline=degraded-carrier

For lan ports (bridge slaves):

[Link]
RequiredForOnline=no 

For ip-forwarded port (not part of a bridge) choose what you want, but “no” makes it a lot easier…

Have you found something in the log why hostapd cannot be started? Maybe wifi-interface is not there yet,but i have not changed the order…wifi-interface is up after firmware was loaded by mt76 module. So full log (hostapd messages and kernellog) would be good.