BPI R4 RM 520 N Gl

I bought the BPI RS 4 with the idea of ​​building my own router with Openwrt and combining lots of things that now run on a separate Raspberry to make it more manageable, but unfortunately I found that it was really slowing me down. I followed the Banana RS4 instructions strictly and bought the Rm 520 N GL modem specified in the Wiki, but unfortunately it cannot be used with the stock firmware. Neither integrating it with the modem manager nor installing missing drivers after hours of searching on Google shed any light on the matter. Even the test with the Rm 502 Q ae modem got me a bit further and let me display it online in luci, but I couldn’t dial in. I don’t know whether it’s the firewall or something else. I need your help, how do I get the Rm 520 n Gl to work in the Banana RS4? Is there a ready-made firmware or which packages are missing and need to be installed.

Well, I also have the RM 520 GL and I got it integrated via Modem Manager. It’s not really a big deal if you do a bit of searching on the Internet. Here is an example of how it works.

well, you will have to do a little reinstalling. It is described in the link. Then you have to edit /etc/config/network as described in the link. Adapted to your provider. But first you have to search for the device. In the example it is ‘/sys/devices/platform/soc/20980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2.1’. In my case it is ‘/sys/devices/platform/soc/11200000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.5’. You’ll have to search a little.

You may try this firmware. It an Immortalwrt base, i’ve tested this firmware with RM520NGL & BPIR4.

Can Banana Pi R4 support three 5G NICs at the same time?We want to insert three SIM cards ,to show the base station singnal strength(AT command).