Hi. I’m trying to replace my “standard” R4 with a PRO 8X. The main attraction was that the LAN ports are 2.5G, and more memory, of course.
I’m unable to get either the SFP or the RJ45 LAN to come up completely - no carrier. For both, I can see outbound activity to my 10G LAN switch, but no inbound traffic. I’m using the overlays to alternate between the SFP and RJ45, which works well. WAN has no such issue, SFP or RJ45 both work properly.
If I unplug from the PRO and reconnect to the R4, everything works so that rules out my LAN.
There’s much documentation strewn across a few sites and some is for 8X while there’s also 4E, so I may have gotten mixed up.
I’ve deduced that the SFP/PHY LAN interface would be LAN6 and yet, at times I see references to SFP-LAN, which is the name I have on my current R4.If it isn’t LAN6, then what should I be using?
I’m running the latest OpenWRT SNAPSHOT, which I upgrade every couple of days.
Rather than dump everything that I think might be useful right now, I’ll provide whatever diagnostic data is asked for. Or maybe I get lucky and someone else has has the issue and worked through it.
Thanks much in advance.