[BPI-R3 Mini] How to occupy remaining space of emmc?

How can I occupy remaining space of emmc? Is this instruction OK for BPI-R3 Mini? https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/advanced/expand_root

Ive tried parted (booted from nand storage) and it tells that /dev/mmcblk0 has GPT issues I also tried tune2fs and resize2fs and they both tells about super block issues. Are there any final thoughts how to let OS to use remaining free space on emmc?

I don’t have R3 but own a R4.

I decided not to resize the root partition, and also not to use so-called ‘extroot’ in OpenWrt. I created a separate partition rightly after the last partition created by OpenWrt’s image. It’s a superior approach in my opinion. This new partition even survived flashing a new OpenWrt image.

I documented some high-level details of the partitioning here: Strategy of setting up OpenWrt on ‘large’ system for easy upgrade, security & expansion for long haul.

My R4 is still in configuration, test and verification stage. But over the past month or so, I’ve done more than 50+ system upgrades and/or complete reflash of a new OpenWrt image, no issues whatsoever.

Not that my tests were done on a SD card. Without loss of generality, it applies to eMMC. My preparation was exactly for eMMC that I will migrate to eventually once my R4 put to production use.

The same thing … Im trying to understand if I can use openwrt instead of mikrotik devices. For the moment I do not fully understand why sometimes I get bootloop if I make router reboot from luci menu. Only power disconnect and connect helps to stop it