[BPI-R3] information

Man this guy rocks! do you know if he is planning to submit the apps to be included on openwrt?

Probably unlikely. They are available for quite some time at this point. However, this would truly be best.

do you know how to add them to the feeds file so that they appear on the makemenuconfig menu?

can you please open new topic for openwrt/lte-card related things? this thread was intended for some generic board/hw information. making own thread for specific questions make them easier to find in future for other users having same questions/problems

Can this board actually handle a 2.5gb fiber connection? I’m certain it can handle 1gb

if you find an sfp (not sfp+) which does 2g5 over fiber :wink: have not found any…

Well they do exist, don’t they? What about 2 separate 1gb connections? Anyone tried it?

You have only 1 mac on the 2.5g “port” (left sfp). Same for p5 of switch (right sfp).

I meant connecting 2 wan connections separately to any of the ports and balance them with mwan3. I just want to know if that SoC can handle that

Afaik you can do this always as it is a software thing. Did this some time ago…you have to care about the same way for tcp-sessions else sessions will be terminated when used from other ip address. Fair you have to define multiole routing tables (for multiple default routes) and do some marking for conntrack.

Yes I know it’s possible, I was just wondering how the SoC would handle 2 Gb connections simultaneously. Thanks

There are GPON SFPs which support 2500Base-X link mode in order to support up to 2.5GBit/s downstream GPON links, so those would be the natural choice for such high-speed GPON WAN links.

I’m using the R3 with 2x TP-LINK SM410U 2500Base-T SFPs with generally very promising results. When using hardware flow offloading MT7986 can very easily manage 2.5G duplex LAN<->WAN NAT traffic without even significant load on the CPU. However, if you plan to use QoS scheduler like cake, htb, sfq or anything like that forwarding will have to happen on the software path, and then 2x [email protected] are not sufficient for 2.5G, but CPU will max out somewhere in the upper hundreds of megabits (which is still very good for any non-x86 system).

Thank you! I’m using hardware offloading on my current system (mt7622) with WED and for some reason I get perfect bufferbloat test score - 0ms added. I wonder if that would be the case here.

hi

do you have a link to what your purchased? im looking at its a bit of a minefield :slight_smile:

thanks

Hi @DGinUK I ordered the antennas from amazon US https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Antenna-Wireless-Express-Network/dp/B088GWHNCR

Thanks for the link, very helpful. I’m just waiting for the leads and antenna to arrive (had to get them separate, England Amazon didn’t have the exact ones)

that looks really neat! Can you open a new thread named something like BPI-R3 printable case or something and we can discuss this further? We are hijacking @frank-w thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

As acrylic is not “printable” in created this [BPI-R3] Case design

got my aerials and wifi 6E card and adapter. drilled two new holes for the additions aerials …not sure all these are needed :smiley: dropped am image on the SD card and need to have a play now…

Bpi3 Bpi3done

3 Likes

Najlepszy router jak widziałem! Bananapi BPI-R3 #openwrt #bananapi-BPI-R3

#diy #router #MediaTek #MT7986A #Filogic830 #wifi #4G #5G