BPI-R3 How to get a "special" 2.5G SFP Module in OpenWRT working?

Guten Abend liebes Forum! :wave:

:de: Ich nenne seit fast einem Jahr einen Banana PI R3 mein eigen, den ich mit OpenWRT 23.05. betreibe. Nun hat sich neulich der Bedarf ergeben, den LAN-SFP Slot zu nutzen. Pustekuchen: sfp_add_phy failed: -22. Wie ich leider erst im Nachgang recherchiert habe, gibt es Module die wohl etwas speziell sind. Nun kann ich hier nichts tun, da das Problem auf Linux Seite im Kernel gelöst werden muss, was offensichtlich mit Version v6.5 auch geschehen ist :grinning: Was mir nichts bringt, wenn es den in OpenWRT noch nicht gibt, bzw. kein Backport existiert :sob: Bisher habe ich meine Firmware von https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/ bezogen, da man dort bequem Pakete hinzufügen kann (bei mir vor allem DS-Lite).

Meine Frage wäre, wie ich möglichst einfach dieses FS 2.5G-T Modul ans laufen bekomme. Zur Not könnte ich mir OpenWRT auch selbst compilieren, ist zwar ein paar Tage her, dass ich sowas mal gemacht habe, aber Anleitungen und Fehlermeldungen lesen kann ich ja. Wenn ich es richtig sehe, wäre die richtige Anlaufstelle hier: GitHub - dangowrt/openwrt at mediatek-6.6 Vielleicht gibts aber auch einen einfacheren Weg, dann würde ich mich über einen Hinweis freuen.

:uk: I’ve owned a Banana PI R3 for almost a year now, which I run with OpenWRT 23.05. Recently the need arose to use the LAN-SFP slot. Unfortunately: sfp_add_phy failed: -22, I only found out afterwards that there are modules that are somewhat special. Now I can’t do anything here, because the problem seems to be on the Linux kernel side and has to be solved there, which has been done with kernel version v6.5 :grinning: Which doesn’t help me if OpenWRT runs with 5.15 and no backport :sob: So far I have obtained my firmware from https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/, as you can easily add packages there (DS-Lite in my case).

My question is how I can get this FS 2.5G-T module up and running as easily as possible. If necessary, I could also compile OpenWRT myself, if I see it correctly, the right source would be here: GitHub - dangowrt/openwrt at mediatek-6.6 But maybe there is also an easier way, then I would appreciate a hint.

Good Night! :sleeping:

You can solve that problem on both sides: If you want to evolve yourself, work on the software and have fun!

This are tha chats I now:

I buyed an 1GbE from FS (www.fs.com). They are very kind! For example I wanted an APC whitch is not sold on FS. They only offer PC and UPC. But it was possible to deliver it. I also said, that I work with openWRT based BPI-R3 an they configured the Software for me.

Today I would give them more information. But in general, maybe it is easier to seak with FS and buy an SFP, which is supported?