【BPI-R3】esp32 with bpi-r3

I want to communicate with ESP32 with HCI serial port. For example, through the UART1 of Con1, I want to know that this UART1 corresponds to /dev/ttySx?

if i understand you righ, you want to know the ttyS* device for uart1, right?

see address of uart1 in dtsi:

now you can grep (maybe need -A3) your dmesg for this address (11003000) to get the right /dev/ttySx

i guess it is ttyS1 as ttyS0 is the debug-uart and devices are enumerated as they defined in dtsi

Hi Frank Thanks for your reply. Now, I found that UART1 is /dev/ttyS1.

And then, I have another question. I’m trying to integrate the ESP-HOSTED drive, which communicates with the esp32 via SPI, using spi1 to communicate with the esp32. Here I refer to the openwrt/build_dir/target - aarch64_cortex - a53_musl/Linux - mediatek_filogic/Linux - 5.15.79 / drivers/pinctrl/mediatek/pinctrl-mt7986.c. I have been modified as follows.

+       spi_esp32_pins: spi-esp32-pins {
+               mux {
+                       function = "spi";
+                       groups = "spi1_0";
+               };
+       };
+
        uart1_pins: uart1-pins {
                    mux {
                            function = "uart";
    @@ -414,6 +421,13 @@
            status = "okay";
     };

+&spi1 {
    +       pinctrl-names = "default";
    +       pinctrl-0 = <&spi_esp32_pins>;
    +
    +       status = "okay";
    +};
    +
     &ssusb {
            vusb33-supply = <&reg_3p3v>;
            vbus-supply = <&reg_5v>;

After modification, I can see the spi1 node in /sys/class/spi_master/, where there used to be only spi0 node. But if I insmod esp-hosted.ko, it will make kernel crash but nothing to output from debug uart. If I set bus_num to 0, the kernel won’t crash, but it will tell me that I can’t register a new device, like this.

esp_board.mode = SPI_MODE_2;
esp_board.max_speed_hz = spi_clk_mhz * NUMBER_1M;
esp_board.bus_num = 0; //  morris was 1
esp_board.chip_select = 0;
master = spi_busnum_to_master(esp_board.bus_num);
if (!master) {
  printk(KERN_ERR "Failed to obtain SPI master handle\n");
  return -ENODEV;
}

I don’t know what can I do for next, can you give some advice for me?

I’m no expert with spi-bus. Only wonder why you need to add spi1…in mainline there is already the spi1 node.

I use offical openWrt, maybe the repo in local is too old, I will update it and try again.