I would like to flash openwrt image into emmc. I read https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Getting_Started_with_BPI-R3#How_to_burn_image_to_onboard_eMMC However, I don’t know where to look for the files mentioned there. I tried searching this forum for these particular names but without luck.
I also would like to get some confirmation regarding the procedure (double checking if I got everything right).
- Since I already have openwrt preflashed on nand or nor I can just boot from one of these.
- Plug usb into the board &
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt
- Flash the openwrt image:
dd if=some_image_name.img of=/dev/mmcblk0
Here are my questions:
- Where to get these files? https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mediatek/filogic/ looks the most reasonable but it contains different set of files. Should I use
bananapi_bpi-r3-emmc-bl31-uboot.fip? If so how to flash them? Then I suppose I will have to flash also openwrt image. How do I go about that? My main concern is that so far the image I used contained everything I needed (the system and the bootloader) and I am not sure about dd’ing multiple files into emmc.
- I know that Frank has shared some uboot/atf files here: http://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:bpi-r3:uboot Should I grab
bpi-r3_emmc_bl2.img. The rest is basically the same as in point 1.
- To boot openwrt from the sd card I simply used the image from here https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=SNAPSHOT&target=mediatek%2Ffilogic&id=bananapi_bpi-r3 . That was simple. Is there anything like that for emmc?
Many thanks in advance,