BPI-R2 PRO Upload SD Card Image to EMMC

It looks like you have not written image to mmcblk1 or gpt was not correctly reloaded

I used to

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1M

command for erase emmc , may be it cause problems. I used following command to upload image to emmc

unzip -c myimage.zip | dd of=/dev/mmcblk1

Which image exactly? I thought you use my image? This is a gzip, i’m not sure unzip supports it (but should print an error on extracting).normally here gunzip is used

Hello I compressed my image file with .gz, after that I used this command

gunzip -c myimage.gz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1M I remove sd card,and I saw this expression Now I can Use sd card only via mnaskroom button. Now I can not see mmcblk1 under /dev directory

Yes by copy sdcard image you have still sd config in bootloader and linux for emmc.

For uboot look on boot-partition in extlinux in extlinux.conf and change the root-option in append

For linux it is the /etc/fstab in root-partition

I do not understand what should I write in BPI-ROOT/etc/fstab file

my file looks like that image

i do not remember it was empty in my image…normally i set it to have clean system. you can try without it (kernel will rely on the root-var in cmdline you set in extlinux.conf)

or (at least if there are some problems with the empty fstab) you can fill it like @DeadMeat posted above:

I found some examples . I wrote following command and I got

root@localhost:~# sudo blkid /dev/mmcblk0

/dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID=“3f65f9a6-8021-46ff-99f0-2a705c76cbfe” PTTYPE=“gpt”

should I write the followings in my file

‘#’ device directory type options freq pass

UUID =3f65f9a6-8021-46ff-99f0-2a705c76cbfe /dev/mmcblk1p3 ext4 defaults 0 2

Best Regards

no, second needs to be mount-point…

first is either uuid or partition device

Not working. I do not understand

alex gave you examples above (again pointing to it)

you can either use partition descriptor or uuid as first part, no space around equal-sign, second param is mountpoint (for rootfs /)…and this must not be the source-device again

First of all please clarify what image do you use? The official images might use different than gpt partitioning, e.g. MTD, or the image might be corrupted, or it has failed to burn, etc. You may simply insert the burned SD to any linux PC/SoC and see if there are any partitions (using: lsblk, gparted, gdisk, fdisk etc.)

If they are exist and mountable then it’s up to correct extlinux.conf and fstab