Bpi-r2 get information of lan port

Hello I nhave a BPI-R2 (4.4.70-BPI-R2-Kernel) I am colletting data from LAN port over eth0. I want to know the physical data port(LAN0,LAN1,LAN2,LAN3) from which the tcp data comes. Could you give me a start point or information ? Best Regards

Afaik this is only possible with newer kernel and dsa driver. There each port has its own interface that can be read using tcpdump or ethtool

How can i get newer kernel and dsa driver ?could you recommend a download image link Best Regards

You could try my debian or ubuntu images i posted in this forum,they already contain a newer kernel. You can compile newer one from my github repo

1 Like

You could also try OpenSuse’s Tumbleweed on the bpi-r2

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:BananaPi_R2

Linux banana 5.18.11-1-default #1 SMP Fri Jul 15 05:36:11 UTC 2022 (4fcb983) armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Hopefully it would do what you would need.

Is internal wifi supported? I wonder about hdmi audio…is there any kernel source for it?

I used kernel 4.14. is it enuogh for my purpose ?

4.14 should have dsa driver which gives you an separate interface for each port (wan,lan0…lan3). You have to put eth0 up only and set ip-address to the dsa userport (wan,lanX) then you can check traffic on these ports and read out information you need (ethtool,tcpdump,…)

1 Like

it works thank you. Best regards