BPI-R2 emmc boot

Hello Mates!

First of all, sorry for my poor english.

I use Raspberry PI3 for my home office router, but 100Mbps is slow, since my ISP take my WAN to 120Mbps from 30Mbps.

I bought a BPI-R2 from ebay, but I can’t boot it from emmc. Okay, I know, emmc boot is not required for routing, but why not, if capable?

So, my problem: can’t boot the board from emmc.

First question:

May I misunderstood the boot process, I think: 1:Boot from SD, if boot-capable SD inserted. 2:If not boot-capable SD in, boot from emmc, which start with uboot partition, which loads kernel from 2nd partition, which loads rootf from third. Am I right?

My other remark: the blue led don’t lit, when I use BPY-copy to write uboot. Is the bpi-copy script has mistake, or I do something wrong?

One more: anybody could boot rasbpian/debian lite stratch (9) either mmc or sd?

Sincerelly: Norbert

I’ve manually (without bpi-tools) configured emmc to boot from it: http://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:bpi-r2:storage uboot is loaded (has no partition), kernel gets load from first partition,on second i had no real rootfs in my current test,but you can add it with debootstrap ( http://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:bpi-r2:debian )

It’s working as i expected: boot from sd,if one is found and if not boot from emmc

1 Like

dear frank-w, lionwang let contace you ,if you need any sample for banana pi ,just let me know , we will send to you . thank your good job.

Thank you for your offer

Currently i need more help on software-support (testing current branches for hnat and vlan-porting from 4.15 to 4.14 including testing) and a way to add battery-circuit sice the designated battery-port does not work as expected

Hi Norbert

I think you can get all answers in below page:

Please follow my steps:

1. Download the image from above link, and program it to SD card which should be larger than 8GB
  2. install the SD card to R2 board 3 Power on the R2 board by press power button at least 10s
  3. Follow the section “How to program Ubuntu image to EMMC” in above link to program ubuntu system to EMMC