[BPI-M64] Kernel Development 2019

Thank you for the reply, But this doesn’t seem very helpful. I see there is no update on M64 source code from BPI Git and also Allwinner git since long time.

I am going through other similar devices and use those patches.

@sinovoip Hi I have been testing M64 with older and newer kernel as well as uboots. My tests are explained here. Kernel 4.4 Works fine with anarsouls image for pine64-A64+ and also Avafingers Ubuntu with kernel 4.4 and older uboot but wifi/bt doesnt work this means v1.2 have newer chips.

As per Avafinger his Kernel 5.2 works fine on M64-Version1 and I have M64-version1.2 and his 5.2 doesnt seem to boot on V1.2.

Can you advice why the latest uboot and kernel5.2 is not working on v1.2 but same works fine on V1. Please advice, As I have been testing it for so many hours but couldn’t figure out. If only you can tell us what have changed between V1 and V1.2, it would be helpful

Here is the update for the A1 Chip: https://github.com/avafinger/bpi-m64-firmware/commit/ace09cc39c858be208786434e44018c0fc2f8f65

The changes i found so far from v1.0 to v1.2 are:

• new A1 Chip (Wifi / BT)
  • new DRAM chips with a lower value from 672 to 576, that was the fix but you told that did not work, so must be something else. Maybe DRAM settings should be even lower than this…
  • new eMMC version 5.0 (or 5.1, or another version)

BTW, the BPI BSP kernel (github) does not build DRM support (at least for LCDs)

BPI has Grub and u-boot that seem to be working on their video release if the u-boot source code is released the problem is solved.

Being around for source code since the day it was released.

Still waiting for their response