5. support GMAC
  6. support WIFI
  7. support SATA
  8. support bpi-bootsel cmd to switch mode

download link:

google driver

baidu cloud password:6d4h

MD5:966dcbdcd1e6965dedba4805753fc31c

If it’s really from “2015-11-21” it doesn’t contain latest fixes: https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-M3-bsp/commits/master

What is the root password? i try bananapi but it does not accept

username & password : pi/bananapi , root/bananapi

note: if you use SSH to login , need use pi/bananapi to login ,

Yes i was login using SSH, ssh [email protected] password:bananapi but does not work.

please try ssh: [email protected] passworkd:banana pi

username: pi pass: bananapi that username & password is ok, but i need the root password

You need to change “PermitRootLogin without-password” to “PermitRootLogin yes” in /etc/ssh/sshd_config then restart sshd service with sudo service sshd restart

Now you can ssh as root with password bananapi

Crazy idea when the security implications aren’t also considered. Does this OS image really neither contains su nor sudo to become root after login?

just login with pi/bananapi ,and use “su” to get root jurisdiction

Well that is a solution to his question.

I get what you are saying but ultimately the user must decide what level of security they require. Don’t rely on any “OS” provider to do that.

That’s the reason why I would never ever use any OS image provided here (except for reviewing). Shipping OS images in 2015 as downloads without MD5/SHA1 checksums, with enabled irqbalanced, not the latest fixes for their own hardware applied and no re-generated SSH keys on 1st boot says it all. They create OS images every few days, one more slutty than the other. Since it’s easy to combine any ARMv7 rootfs with their stuff. And it seems to work: customers are uneducated enough to rely on this. :unamused:

just login with pi/bananapi ,and use “su” to get root jurisdiction Works fine! You should put this instruction on the download area, to avoid confusing

Thanks

How to boot on SSD using BPI SATA Port?

The M3 has no SATA port. Is is that hard to understand? It’s just an USB-to-SATA bridge as available in every existing USB enclosure. But the one SinoVoip chose is slow as hell.

Apart from that the question how to boot from USB is already answered in detail: BPI-M3 new image:Raspbian Jessie(debian 8) 2015-11-21 Mate for BPI-M3 (20151208)