BE14 does not work on its own assembly

And then do I need to go into menuconfig again to save the added kmods to the .config file?

Those. If I check iptables-mod-extra, then after running make defconfig all dependent packages will be loaded by themselves? - yes

And then do I need to go into menuconfig again to save the added kmods to the .config file? => make defconfig is doing same as menuconfig, but without prompt.

Should I do kernel_menuconfig? I don’t know if anything needs to be changed in it, so I keep it unchanged

What is the difference between Main router: curl -SL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/danpawlik/openwrt-builder/master/configs/common/main-router >> ~/openwrt-builder/openwrt/.config from Basic config curl -SL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/danpawlik/openwrt-builder/master/configs/common/basic >> ~/openwrt-builder/openwrt/.config ?

I was told that your repository already has a patch to support be14, is this the same repository? GitHub - danpawlik/openwrt-builder: Build openWRT system image

Everything what steps needs to be done you will find here. Just change the branch to be14

This is some kind of code, what to do with it?

I tried to compile, as a result of a long compilation

Configuring urngd.

Configuring ppp-mod-pppoe.

Collected errors:

• pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kmod-thermal for kmod-hwmon-pwmfan

• pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-hwmon-pwmfan found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-hwmon-pwmfan.

make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:99: package/install] Error 255

make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt’

make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:172: /home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt/staging_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/stamp/.package_install] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt’

make: *** [/home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:248: world] Error 2

goty@goty-VirtualBox:~/openwrt-builder/openwrt$

Add this patch or disable building all modules, for example by executing command. I don’t know why nbd or dango did not add that (the mtk feed is also adding that kmod but in other place). I will make a PR soon.

How do I use this patch? Do I need to download it or what do I need to do with it to use it?

For example, by executing commands:

curl -LO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/danpawlik/openwrt-builder/master/patches/0001-Add-kmod-thermal-for-BPI-R4.patch
          git apply --check 0001-Add-kmod-thermal-for-BPI-R4.patch
          git am --keep-cr --signoff < 0001-Add-kmod-thermal-for-BPI-R4.patch

EDIT: Created a PR: mediatek: add kmod-thermal for BPI-R4 device by danpawlik · Pull Request #16400 · openwrt/openwrt · GitHub

2 Likes

Okay, what should I do now to enable this change?

Has a patch for be14 support been added to your repository? Do I need to apply a patch?

I added the patch as you wrote, but when compiling I get an error:

Applying /home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt/package/kernel/mt76/patches/0001-wifi-mt76-mt7996-support-mt7996-2-3-3-variant.patch using plaintext:

patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line

patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.

Patch failed! Please fix /home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt/package/kernel/mt76/patches/0001-wifi-mt76-mt7996-support-mt7996-2-3-3-variant.patch!

make[3]: *** [Makefile:661: /home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-mediatek_filogic/mt76-2024.09.05~65cc3daf/.prepared_3a2d9ca44d752bc678f7a1981aee26d1_6664517399ebbbc92a37c5bb081b5c53] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory ‘/home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt/package/kernel/mt76’

time: package/kernel/mt76/compile#0.40#0.09#0.41

ERROR: package/kernel/mt76 failed to build.

make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:177: package/kernel/mt76/compile] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt’

make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:171: /home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt/staging_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt’

make: *** [/home/goty/openwrt-builder/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:248: world] Error 2

It is time to learn git, quilt and diff. Why don’t you use already working branch that include 11be patch and updated hostapd - be14-and-hostapd-janusz-v5? It will be soo much easier for you if you don’t understand those tools.

2 Likes

Give me a link please

You have already: BE14 does not work on its own assembly - #11 by danpawlik

I don’t understand, how can I clone this? What should be done about this?

I think first you need to learn basic commands for git:

• git clone
  • git remote add
  • git cherry-pick
  • git apply
  • git checkout

And later it would be easier. So far, if you clone openwrt, you can just do:

git remote add danpawlik https://github.com/danpawlik/openwrt
git remote udpate danpawlik
git checkout be14-and-hostapd-janusz-v5

Googling is not difficult.

Listen, I, like any other evil person, fell for the banana marketing bait, I didn’t buy the r4 and the module to sit around for days and study guides, I just want to build an image and use it while waiting for the release firmware