BananaPi F3 with 2GB of RAM, not booting

Hi, I’m having a problem with BananaPi F3 not booting. I followed all instructions from here Getting Started BPI-F3 | BananaPi Docs. I’ve flashed bianbu.img on SD card, and also used titanflasher to flash image on the eMMC. No luck here. All boot switches are all OFF. The only thing I’ve seen on the serial console is this puzzling output:

Welcome to minicom 2.8

OPTIONS: I18n

Port /dev/ttyUSB1, 11:39:46

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

\ | /
- RT -     Thread Operating System
/ | \     4.0.4 build Apr 28 2024 17:33:24

2006 - 2021 Copyright by rt-thread team
##########Hello World############
msh >

I also did mangled a bit in EEPROM with titanflasher to change the ddr_cs_num to ‘1’ instead of ‘2’. I suspect that I might have accidentally changed something else in the EEPROM, which may cause the failure to boot. I will share below output from titanflasher hoping that someone might share theirs, so we can check whether there are any differences.

One thing I noticed is the product_name. It says ‘k1-x_MUSE-Pi’, which might indicate a different board ??

I noticed there is an option to import/export values to a file ? Could someone share their options with me ?

Thanks a lot in advance, Michal

you can restore it to factory mode in DFU download mode.

1. erase eeprom
  2. select ddr_cs_num property only and change to 1
  3. write to eeprom

Yeah this worked ! Thank you very much for your answer. Out of the sheer curiosity; any idea why before there was a mention about some RTOS ?

Actually @August I did that and the board seems to boot correctly, but I still get the same output on the serial port as before. This is unfortunate as I need to tweak u-boot a bit and see the output. Any idea why ? Maybe I also need to modify the ‘serial’ variable ?

When I connect a screen with HDMI, I can work with the board, but I would really prefer the serial connection.

Nevermind, I figured this out. I had previously connected TX,RX and GND pins to the GPIO UART0. Seems like that wasn’t a good idea. I connected to 3 other pins on the board next to GPIO pins and the serial seems to work.

Thanks for your help