BananaPi BPI-M2Z & BPI-P2 Zero(H2+) New Images Reapbian9.4 & Ubuntu16.04 Release 2019-04-30

Ubuntu Server: I can not ssh after restart several times. Still, It’s connecting to wifi and even I can access my Nginx web page.

Hi, I’m having some issues with the Ubuntu 16.04 server image. Where can I post some questions? TIA

If this is the mate version, it’s not recommended for the Bpi Zero (500MB of ram isn’t enough).

sudo systemctl status ssh.service if you see start-limit-hit error in log try mkdir /var/run/sshd and service ssh.service restart

Hello all, I have been having a lot of trouble trying to connect to a wifi AP. I’m using the Ubuntu Server 16.04 image, with kernel version 3.4.113-BPI-M2Z-Kernel So far, I have been unable to connect to my home Wifi system. The home Wifi has a WPA/WPA2 passphrase on it, I’ve been attempting to connect via:

nmcli d wifi connect "ssid name" password "password"

It routinely errors out with:

Error: Connection activation failed: (7) Secrets were required, but not provided.

Looking online, that error seems to happen when either (a) I have a previous NetworkManager connection profile in place (I have deleted all previous ones already) or (b) perhaps the router has a merged 2.4Ghz/5GHz SSID (I have separated mine).

Looking in dmesg, I see errors such as the following:

Connection with <mac address> channel (6) ssid "ssid name", len (9)
connect failed event=0 e->status 769 e->reason 0
CFG80211-ERROR) wl_bss_connect_done : Report connect result - connection failed

I’ve already copied over the new firmware linked within this topic; does anyone else have any experience in debugging this? I tried to figure out what error status 769 means, but I haven’t been able to find where that’s coming from yet.

@Jackzeng does image 2020-04-28-ubuntu-16.04-server-bpi-m2z-sd-emmc still require the ap6212 firmware update?

I have the correct psk=“mypass” in wpa_supplicant.conf. but get auth_failure reason =WRONG_KEY I have followed this structure.

> network={    
> ssid="ssid"    
> psk="password"    
> priority=1 
> }